“The BEST day of our lives !!!!”

Waterton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walton
“The BEST day of our lives !!!!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Just a review on behalf of myself and my new husband I just want to say a HUGE HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to everyone at Waterton Park Hotel, it was our wedding day this weekend (16th August 2014) and we just wanted to say what an amazing job ALL of the staff did. Our day was PERFECT from start to finish, it was all we ever could have wished for and more.From the amazing staff, to the food, the rooms, everything was truly fantastic. The day ran smooth with no hiccups ....... Amy, Pauline, Paul, Michael, Rosie you are all just fab ! Nothing was too much trouble ...... THANK YOU !!
A truly amazing place with truly fantastic staff ....... Our guests were blowed away with how wonderful everything was !!

This is the perfect wedding venue ........ I would recommend Waterton park hotel 200% plus.

• Stayed August 2014
KateCloughPR, Guest Relations Manager at Waterton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Wow thank you so much for that! Everyone you have mentioned will be delighted at your fantastic comments! We are just delighted that you had such a great day. Everyone work really hard to ensure excellent customer service (We have just won an award on our customer service!) and its soo great when it’s recognised. Thank you again and all the best for the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 19 August 2014

WOW, Just stopped at this Hotel, all I can say is absolutely fabulous. Booked an executive room with a four poster bed but being 6ft tall the bed was a little short for me, my wife told reception and we were moved to another room which was no trouble at all for the staff, The leisure facilities are excellent, steam room, sauna, swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym, Had an evening meal in Charlie's bar which was absolutely brilliant, and the breakfast was also excellent, the views around the Hotel are amazing, we opened our sliding Doors to step out onto a balcony overlooking the lake, rooms are very clean and the staff are very polite and helpful, this Hotel is my idea of heaven on earth.
10/10

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you Andy for your great review! We are very pleased with your 10/10 score and great comments and even more pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Have just had a lovely weekend at Waterton Park Hotel for my best friends wedding. Arrived and stayed the night before and have thoroughly enjoyed every part of the weekend. All rooms are lovely and a high standard. There were many weddings over the weekend but each wedding is equally as important. Amy was the wedding co-ordinator on the day of the wedding and she did such an amazing job. Breakfast was lovely although slightly early.... especially after a late night the night before. Wedding breakfast was amazing, especially the tomato soup and trio of desserts. Fast service and staff were very helpful. I didn't personally use the facilities but my other half enjoyed the pool and sauna for some pre-wedding relaxation. A lovely venue, goregous food and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend this venue for weddings or just a lovely night away.

Room Tip: All executive rooms are very high standard. Much bigger than expected.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your great review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and your best friend’s wedding. I will pass your great feedback onto all involved and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our family stayed here for 2 nights in August. Is it really a 4* - I don't believe this for a minute - tired furnishings, the tiles in the pool and surround need a really good powerwash to remove the stains and mildew. Stained carpets, badly scuffed walls, doors hinges that creaked all night in the corridor, terrible acoustics, a breakfast room lit by harsh artificial light and devoid of any character, just like the breakfast...need I say any more? A complete waste of money and a real disappointment.

7 Thank Betty D
Thank you taking the time to share your feedback.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We got married at Waterton on 25/4/2014 and it was 100% Perfect. The venue is fantastic, with stunning scenery but what makes this place really special is the staff. From the 1st time we walked in and met with Amy one of the wedding coordinators we were impressed and for the 12 months of planning this only continued. Customer Service is second to none, nothing is too much trouble.

Throughout the process we dealt with both Amy and Pauline and both were fantastic, they always left me feeling that everything was under control. They know what they are doing and can be trusted! At the actual wedding, the other staff we met were all the same, everyone you walk past greets you with a smile. They make you feel really special.

We arrived the night before and had a table booked in Charlie Bar for a relaxed meal. The bar was extremely busy with it being a lovely sunny day. The table was delayed which was not a issue for us as we were all excited and chatting away, enjoying catching. Due to the delay of the table the hotel gave us 2 complimentary bottles of wine with our meal. This wasn’t necessary as were not upset by it but I do feel it is testament to their commitment to exceptional service.

I stayed overnight with my Bridesmaids in the large family room in the modern part of the hotel. It has 2 double beds and a bed settee. This was the perfect room to get ready in. It has a large dining table which meant we could have room service breakfast and there was room for us all to get ready to our hairdresser and makeup artist. Lovely room.

The day itself ran very smoothly and as far as I am aware there were no hiccups! They are very organised and think of everything.

The food was fantastic throughput, the meal in Charlie's Bar, room service breakfast, the wedding breakfast for 80 and breakfast the following morning - all exceptional with no complaints. At breakfast the next morning they even served my new husband and I heart shaped toast!!! It is these small and considerate touches that make all the difference.

All our guests commented on the venue, the staff and the location, everyone thought the place was an amazing find.

What else can I say other than Thank you to Waterton for the most perfect day and awesome memories to last a life time. We will see you soon for our anniversary if not before!!
A special thanks goes to Pauline and Amy as well - the best wedding coordinators ever!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Wow Nicky what can I say! What a fantastic review and we are just thrilled by your lovely words and comments! I am so pleased you had such a fantastic wedding day with us and I know Amy and Pauline will be thrilled too. Congratulations to you both and all the best for your future lives together.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very special place to have a wedding. They are so good at this. Everything went to plan, no hiccups. Food was good. The venue is so special for photo's. All our family and friends had a fantastic time. We'll done to all staff at Waterton Park.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your great review! We are delighted you had such a great wedding day and everything went to plan. I will pass your lovely comments onto all involved. Congratulations and all the best for your future lives together.
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights on a B&B basis while attending a wedding here. A beautiful building in a great location. The service was fantastic from chambermaids to restaurant and bar staff. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
KateCloughPR, Guest Relations Manager at Waterton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walton
Oulton Hall & Spa
Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
#1 of 1 in Calder Grove
Holiday Inn Express Wakefield
Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel

Been to Waterton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!