“Friday night Mexican”

Dining options: Breakfast
Tucson, Arizona
“Friday night Mexican”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were in Scottsbluff for the night and we wanted some Mexican food for dinner. There were a few choices and we chose Rosita's based on other reviews. To begin with, it was strange not to have complimentary chips and salsa. I ordered a smothered burrito since I didn't want a big meal. The burrito was folded and had very little meat in it. The sauce and meat tasted fine. My husband had chile rellenos. They were well-seeded (most of the seeds removed) and hot and spicy, just as he likes them. The metal statue pieces in front of the restaurant were attractive. As we left, more people came in so it has a good clientele. The food was fine and presented well but it wasn't spectacular. We had a friendly server which was nice and our meals arrived promptly.

Visited August 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I laughed when I was told by a friend that Scottsbluff has some of the best Mexican food. She took me to Rosita's and yes, she was right. Fantastic everything. Loved the homemade quac and pico. They make the chips (pie shaped) fresh as well. The rice is made to order and the chicken was delicious all white meat. Everything was wonderful. Would highly recommend Rosita's for wonderful Mexican food.

• Visited July 2013
Palmyra, mo
“Wow! Such a disappointment !!”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I wish I could say I rode my motorcycle 2800 miles in 100 degree temps. to eat at this wonderful mexican restaurant and that it lived up to every expectation I had conjured up in my head since hearing about it on NPR 3 years earlier but instead I ended up at Rosita's and stepped into some strange twilight zone where customer service didn't exist, smiles weren't on the menu and customers were annoyances. Maybe it was the fact that I came in alone but they stuck me in the back room, at the bar in front of the TV where I could be forgotten about. After 20 min. I asked for a menu and some water. I got this look like I was crazy or maybe they wondered were I came from cause I hadn't been seen for 20min. I order dinner and WOW it was fantastic! Really. They got my order wrong but I didn't care I was so hungry and it tasted really good! I then received my check and no apologies for anything. I left cash and a dollar tip then left. I don't think they noticed either. There really was no excuse. They were some what busy but seemed fully staffed. Their low customer service standards seemed to be the norm. Bummer!

• Visited July 2012
Dallas, Texas
“slow service but excellent food!”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I have been here before and the service is still slow. But the food is very good. It is worth the wait!

Visited September 2012
Columbia Station, Ohio
“Pretty authentic stuff”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

First off they have this really interesting metal statues out front. Sombero wearing tumpet and guitar playing muffler men. The menu was pretty good size, lots of variety. We opted for enchilladas and beef chili rellentos. Nice sauces and meat was on top not in food. You have to ask for chips, we tried the torilla with hiot salsa, not for timid!!

Visited September 2012