“Not Excellent...An okay dinner. ”
Review of Rosita's West 27th

Rosita's West 27th
Ranked #15 of 71 Restaurants in Scottsbluff
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Our family decided it was time to have Mexican food for dinner, since we had been having American food, Chinese food, and Western Style food. We arrived at Rosita's with no reservation, and were seated at a back booth by a friendly hostess. We were starved, and ready to dig in to what we expected would be a delicious meal. About 5 different staff were serving our table, so it was quite confusing trying to figure out who's attention to grab. A girl gave us a thing of salsa on our table...but no chips. 5 minutes later, when no chips arrived, we asked her if she could bring us the chips for some chips, but she said they didn't come with the salsa...you had to pay for them separately. What I didn't understand was why that salsa was on the table...to tempt us into buying chips, maybe? I really don't know. Anyway, I ordered the shredded beef quesadillas and they were pretty good. My boyfriend ordered smothered enchiladas...and he wasn't too fond of them. I tried them and they tasted soggy and bland, and was stuffed only with cheese. Hmmmmm. Okay. For dessert, we had the fried ice cream and we loved it. I highly recommend ordering that dish...but if you are looking for some good tex mex, I would look somewhere else. I give Rosita's credit for my quesadillas and the fried ice cream. Overall, 3 stars.

There are newer reviews for Rosita's West 27th

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I went here on recommendation of the hotel clerk. It was excellent. The food was delicious. I'm afraid I made quite the pig of myself. The waiter was very patient, helpful and courteous. The décor and settings comfortable. After I paid my bill at the front counter, my waiter made an extra effort to thank me for my patronage. I don't think you can go wrong eating here.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

A group of college-aged students went to Scottsbluff for a late lunch at a Mexican Restaurant, Rosita’s. It is a friendly sit-down café with festive south of the border décor. This Mexican restaurant had puffy chips, called panchos, as they are different than plain flat tortilla chips. There are three-dimensional like a sopaipilla, and are fired so they puff up and become airy triangles with fragile skin. They were yummy!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. Not the greatest décor, but the food makes up for it. Service was pretty good and you need to buy a jar of the salsa.

1  Thank Douglas B
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Daily specials plus menu items all taste great and are easy on the pocket. Try the tacos on daily special or the smothered enchiladas. Fast & friendly service!