“Glass in food”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We ate the Friday night prime rib here and it was the worst thing I have ever had at this restaurant. The friends we were with had steak and it was chewy and had a lot of gristle. Our plates held food we had to spit out. We thought we would salvage the meal with a piece of pie. I had a piece of the chocolate cream. In the whipped cream on top was a small piece of a glass shard. This was life threatening had I eaten it. I let our waitress know and she took the price of my pie off the cost of our meal. Really? She acted like she did me a favor for not asking me to pay for something inedible. I talked to the manager to make sure the pie it was cut from was tossed out. As he rung me up he took the cost of my husband's pie. Really???? At Perkins they would have refunded my meal if something was wrong-- not even life threatening. I will not eat here again. If I have to meet someone there for a meal I will only have a glass of lemonade or soda. I am appalled!!!!! Be safe. Avoid this place.

1  Thank Swa05

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a problem with our order and the manager was very generous in comp'ing a few meals in our large party. The food was slightly better than what might get a Denny's. I will say that I really appreciated the calories count listed with each item however it also made us NOT get pie...we were too scared to know what it would "cost" us.

1  Thank LoquaciousColorado
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Service is very good but unfortunately food is just average. Great pie. Wednesday night is free pie night. I ordered the grilled turkey sandwich-pretty tasteless plus I received 12 french fries. Pretty pricey for the amount of food you receive. Would go back for the pie and forgo the entrees.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

While in small town Nebraska, one wouldn't think the food at any restaurant would be any more than mediocre but we had an appreciable experience. We ate at Shari's twice and had a delicious meal for both breakfast and lunch. I had a cranberry pecan chicken salad sandwich with soup and a salad and my husband had a piping hot garlic mushroom burger with onion rings. Both were very tasty and satisfying. Our server, a young gentleman named Mike was friendly and quick. The GM, Cheryl Brown came by several times to make sure our needs were being met. A wonderful experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

What incredibly friendly people. Stopped in for breakfast and was quite satisfied with the Eggs Benedict. Headed back for a slice of Marionberry Pie later this afternoon. Bright and clean, efficient service. I will be looking for Shari's on future travels.