“The Hidden Jewel inside the Panhandle Coop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Emporium Coffeehouse & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Scottsbluff
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gering, Nebraska
“The Hidden Jewel inside the Panhandle Coop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I absolutely love this coffee place. I always run into the grocery store after work for a delicious bubble tea, mocha, or frap. It's always delicious. The girls that work the little kiosk are some of the nicest group of girls I have ever met. The other day when I stopped in, they were giving out samples of scones. Although the girl had told me all reviews were negative, it's clear that the people giving the reviews had never been to the UK. Upon first bite, it took me back to my childhood days when we'd eat chocolate chip breakfast scones in the morning. I hadn't had one in years and tasting one, almost exactly the same, flooded me with memories. I love going there each day. It's always a treat. Needless to say, I'm a regular.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mrsjones58, Owner at Emporium Coffeehouse & Cafe, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your encouragement, all of our staff at the Coop Kiosk really provide great service and delicious drinks. Our Manager at that location, Amanda, has worked diligently to help us build a great team and provide great drinks/pastries. Hope to see you again soon!

Corpus Christi,TX
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were in Scottsbluff for one evening and found this restaurant on tripadvisor. What a treat. Fantastic food and service. Wish it was in our hometown. I would be a regular. We enjoyed the steak and trout dishes very much. Would highly recommend this restaurant"

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind words. So glad you enjoyed your Emporium experience. Hope you can join us again.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Unexpectedly great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

So who would have thought that you could have a high class restaurant in Scottsbluff, Nebraska whose 2012 population is listed at just over 15,000? Where I come from you are lucky to get a Chili's or a chain cafeteria. But this place is extraordinarily good. For dinner one evening, I had the fried brussel sprouts with prosciutto and vinegar (a seemingly odd combo that worked surprisingly well) and the asparagus ravioli (yum!) For lunch, two days later I ordered the Spring Goat Cheese Salad with chevre, chicken breast, craisins and mixed greens. Also delicious. I suspect that everything here is carefully chosen and very good. Everyone at my table(s) was equally pleased with their choices. Service was not quite as quick with the check as I would have hoped but if you plan for that then all is good.

Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review, so glad you enjoyed dining with us!
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Spectacular food, easy atmosphere makes a winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We traveled the Dakotas and ended the trip in Scottsbluff. As we like to eat in local, non-chain restaurants, this one was recommended to us. What a gem. The wait staff is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable about the area, We sat in the pleasant outside area ( there's an inside area too) and had one of the best meals I've ever eaten. The steak with the blue cheese fritter and pommes frittes was not only delicious, but the presentation was great. (The potatoes arrived in a tiny fry basket). The chocolate tart with 2 different locally created ice creams, blackberry and lemon custard, was in the top 2 or 3 chocolate desserts I've ever had (and believe me I've eaten ALOT of chocolate). My only regret is that they are a 6 hr trip from LIncoln Ne where I live. But for those in the Scottsbluff area, this is a true treasure.

2 Thank lblatscc
mrsjones58, Owner at Emporium Coffeehouse & Cafe, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for the encouragement! It was a lovely evening on the patio! So glad you enjoyed you dinner and the Chocolate/Ice Cream. Hope you can make the trek out again and sample some of Chef Rob's creations!
“Best food we have ever eaten!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We loved the atmosphere and the staff was so very nice but the food there are no words to truly describe it. If heaven has a taste I would imagine it would taste like the food at the Emporium. We would recommend this place to anyone who is in this area. If you do not visit the Emporium you are missing out.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! We are so glad you enjoyed dining with us! We love it when our guests are so Happy! Hope you can join us again! Have a great summer!