“Disappointed”
Review of Motel 6 Sidney

Motel 6 Sidney
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Sidney
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

This was once a favorite motel for us but no more. Shabby now: Linoleum cracked in the bathroom, a brown stain on the carpet, phone and bathroom fan not working, features that used to give the lobby charm are gone.

Were all if those semi rigs not lined up in the parking lot before, or did we just ignore them because the motel was (formerly) so nice?

And truly a ripoff as others have said. We paid $83. Next time we'll just pay the extra 25 and stay at the pet-friendly Days Inn with the indoor pool, right next door.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank dudegal

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Surprised at the negative reviews on this Motel 6. We were so impressed with the size of the bathroom! Lots of vanity and floor space. Bed was comfy. Room was quiet and clean. Yes, it seemed a bit overpriced, but we started looking for a room around midnight on I-80 and all were booked in the two towns to the east, so we were happy to finally find a room at 2 in the a.m.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jossey
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Very clean! Rooms are quite small but the bathroom is larger than most. The hotel only offers full sized beds (no kings or queens), which was a tight fit for a lean couple. The gentleman clerk was very nice, and honored a request for additional pillows. The rate was definitely overpriced ($68 for two, reduced to the single rate of $52 if we took only a single bed), but it is still considerably cheaper than the other options in town. Definitely will stay here again given the cleanliness alone. (We have also stayed here previously with a small dog in the past at no additional charge.). Absolutely recommend the Chinese buffet within walking distance if you are looking for a great meal.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had to attend a funeral last weekend. I booked a room at Motel 6 because it was inexpensive. I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness. The smoking room didn't smell too bad. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Exactly what you should expect from a Motel 6. My room was clean & well kept with a comfy bed. No luxuries, but after a long day on the road, it suited me just fine.
High points:
- super convenient location right off I-80
- walking distance to fast food, convenience stores & Walmart
- lots of parking for cars, trucks & trailers
- quick, stable WiFi (a rarity in budget motels)

Only downside was the price - $60. A little steep for the brand but considering there aren't many choices along that stretch of highway, I'd say it's still worth it.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This is not a terrible place & I may stay here again. The public areas are very nice and clean. My room was small as others have said, but it was just me. Here are the problems; when I get there, the guy who was checking me in asked me if I was traveling by myself, which is an unsettling question for a woman staying by herself from a man who knows exactly what room your in. Second, while the room seemed clean at first, there were hairs in the shower & one long hair on the bed. Note to hospitality people, other people's hair is GROSS. It's a motel 6 and i don't expect luxury, but I do expect cleanliness. The rooms were much less expensive than others in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We booked a pet friendly non-smoking room. First thing - no signs to show the actual entrance. It looked like it was beyond a gravel parking lot. It actually opens to a street behind the hotel but no signs arrows or anything other than the hotel itself. Then we found that all the pet rooms were upstairs - how convenient for a dog that is afraid of elevators and need to do her business. The carpet was sticky and brown colored (no doubt from being a pet room on the 3rd floor!). When we arrived on the 3rd floor, the whole corridor reeked of smoke as the smoking rooms are across the hall from the non-smoking rooms. Stuck to everything we brought in. Might as well have been a smoking room! Paid way too much for this room. Thought I was in a big city. There are other choices next time we go through here and we will book somewhere else. I filled out the survey and got a lame response that they will look in to it. Like it isn't apparent already! All they have to do is walk into the room and look at their room map. Poor design and management.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else