“Best Motel 6 we've ever stayed in, and we've stayed several times”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Sidney

Motel 6 Sidney
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Sidney
New York
“Best Motel 6 we've ever stayed in, and we've stayed several times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

We regret the unfortunate criticisms in the previous reviews, which are a little misleading. We have stayed in this motel 3 or 4 times now and never experienced a noise problem. Itt remains as clean and bright as ever, still the books and gifts in the lobby, a cut above all other Motel 6 locations we've seen. As to noise, from the corridon we could hear people talking loudly in a nearby room, but we heard no noise inside the room. The only drawback is that the Internet service in the room is flaky. We were able to watch a movie on demand, but only with several breaks for buffering. Other than that, this Motel 6 is just great.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Jersey, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

The room was in excellent condition -- clean and new, although the furnishings were pretty cheap-looking. Poor in-room wireless internet service. Hotel has cheap construction -- lots of noise from people in room above walking. Not a good value at 65/night.

• Stayed October 2010
Trebinje, Bosnia and Herzegovina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

Sidney Motel 6 is very convenient for those travelers needing a place to stay on I-80. Towns start becoming scarce and far between in these parts, and you're wise to book a reservation when traveling in the summer.

I found the check-in to be pleasant and the hotel impeccably clean for a Motel 6. The lobby also featured a mini gift shop, which made this surprisingly more inviting than most of the chain's depressing-yet-cheap properties. Everything was well-lit, there were interior corridors, and the parking lot is safe and secure, if a bit tricky to access. It's right off of I-80, and if you intend to just lay your head down and then head eastbound or westbound a few hours later, it's the place for you. Gas can be had on the way back to the exit ramp, as well.

The room was comfortable. You wouldn't expect any frills at this price and you won't get them, but the blankets and sheets looked brand new and somewhat charming, towels were clean and actually decent sized, and the room wasn't the size of closet. I found all the tangibles to be above average (for Motel 6) and exceeding expectations.

The only beef I had with the hotel was that, after 10 hours drive from Billings (not counting a photography stop at Scotts Bluff), I needed some rest before going on to Omaha the next day. At about 2:45am, the fire alarm started blaring. It would not stop. They said at the front desk that the computer had erroneously triggered the alarm and they were trying a reset. It was impossible to sleep through the sirens, which were almost deafening. I gave it 30 minutes, but nothing. I was up for the day after about 4 hours of sleep. I took a shower (which was clean), and came out--still sirens. I went and checked out and just decided to proceed to Omaha several hours ahead of schedule. I asked if there was anything they could do at the front desk because I wasn't able to get a full night's sleep--there wasn't. Not their fault, the man said; it's a safety issue. I agree to an extent, but people book your hotel to get SLEEP more than anything. Sometimes in the world of customer service, you just have to "man up" and give a few bucks back if you can't provide the requisite service for WHATEVER reason. It will most likely net you repeat business; I find that the places I'm most loyal to are the ones that maybe messed up slightly but made up for it in spades. You know they care about your business.

Perhaps this will never happen to you, and having stayed at this location before and finding their local tips very helpful on that occasion, I will recommend the Motel 6.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2009

The lobby of this Motel 6 was far superior to other Motel 6 we have stayed at.. The biggest suprise came when we got to the room. VERY small! The bed was small also, I really did roll over and hit the floor. The staff was good and room was clean. Walking distance to fast food and not too far for a full service restruant.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2008

This was not my average Motel 6 experience. As I drove up, I could tell that this was a newer Motel 6. First of all the price was much better than the other properties at that exit. The location is good. It is located off the freeway and has restaurants and gas stations close by. The property has interior corridors with an elevator as well as stairs. They even offer a "gift shop" type thing where you can buy crafty items. The front desk clerk was friendly. The property has 3 floors. My single room was tiny, but cute. The bathroom was roomier than most Motel 6s I have been to. Also, they had blue towels (a nice change from the traditional white). The shape of the shower/tub was kind of odd to me, it was a triangle shape and it looks like it is better suited for bathing than showering. The heater worked great (it was -9 outside that night), but it was extremely loud. They offer laundry facilities.

The only problems I had were that the internet was slow or not working at all. We were placed in rooms that were supposed to have the best access. Another downer is that they do not have a pool or hot tub. Other than that, I think this is a great place to spend the night!

• Liked — the property itself was nice
  • Disliked — the internet did not work well and the heater was loud.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)