Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City
US$90
US$146
US$135
US$189
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanstayed herebiscuits gravyfront deskquick accesspriced hotelour home away from homeparking lot ischeck in was easythe tri state areacontinental breakfastbreakfast was excellentcomfortable staydakotamotelinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Do not use your debit card at this hotel-they will screw up your checking account for sure. They will put a hold on all of your night's stay at check-in, and then do it again at check-out. I had 3 nights stay and $362 held hostage by them. Unfortunately, they don't tell you this until you find it on your bank account. They tell me that the check-in hold should have dropped off at check-out- this, of course, is a lie because the bank will tell you 5-7 days. After I pay all of my bounce fees, I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel and enjoyed the stay. Deceitful practices and dishonest customer service...I had planned to do a lot of business here...not anymore...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SLB401
liverpool95, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Sir,

I am sorry for your experience at our hotel. Our policy is to authorize debit and credit cards at check in - this just means that your bank holds the funds until check out. I am not sure why your bank did not release your funds at that time but as soon as you called us we tried to contact them to no avail. If you would like to call me personally I would be please to discuss the issue with you and resolve any issues you may have.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed for a long weekend in May this year (2014). The interior is great, the lobby computer and printer worked fine and I had a great workout on the treadmill to work off the good breakfast they provided. This hotel is mostly for workers that are there for a couple months and no they would not blend in well in any big city but they do blend well with the hard working area in which the hotel is located and as an unaccompanied female was never concerned for my safety. I grew up in the area half a century ago and return to see family occasionally. Mostly I stay with family, but there are times when I need a desk with peace and quiet. I am looking forward to my next stay there! No swimming pool but not a problem, they can sell you daily passes for the Y if you really want to swim and even thought the Y is at opposite end of town, it only takes 10 minutes to drive there, lol.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
liverpool95, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review -We are happy you like all of our improvements to the property over the last year. Since your stay we have taken the wireless internet from 50 to 100 meg of service to better service our guests We look forward to your next visit with us and hope to have even more improvements.
Anne GM

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Shower would sparadically change from warm to extremely hot every 30 seconds, I would say. Air conditioner was a little noisy. Internet access was spotty and slow. Location of hotel compared to services in city was poor.

• Stayed: May 2014

Kayla,

I am so very sorry that you had those issues with you stay at our hotel. Please know that we had 50meg internet installed this spring but we have surveyed more guests since your review and found we needed to go to 100meg which we have done. Water issue has also been addressed. If you are coming to the area again I would be pleased if you would call me directly at the motel and we would love for you to be our guest for the evening. Again - we strive to give excellent customer service, clean rooms a great experience at our hotel and regret that you had problems. Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Anne GM

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The quality of the locations of this national chain differ greatly. This one was pretty good. It was simple, quick access from the highway and the parking lot was well lite & clean. The lady at the desk was pleasant and knowledgeable in all that I asked her. The room was spacious, comfy and so was the bed. The wall heater, a/c buzzed all night and I walked away from breakfast. I'm not planning on staying there any time soon. Please, let me know about your stay.

Room Tip: I could not find a good restaurant any where near by.....good luck!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. I was sorry to hear about the air conditioner problem that you had. If you are ever in the neighborhood again please come and visit us. Ask for myself (manager) and I will make sure there are no issues with your stay.

Anne
GM

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This was booked as an "Extended Stay Suite".

There is NO WAY that this place should even be open. Between the absolute lack of any Fire Code safety (extension cords in rooms, smoke alarms missing & fire and exit doors blocked open), the nasty red shag carpet and the really disgusting bathroom. There was an extension cord running under the bed to the desk for the lamp, but no open outlet to even charge your laptop. You couldn't squeeze past the recliner to get to the desk anyway.

Nearly every part of the building was in some state of construction. I had called ahead as I would be working in the area for about 6 weeks, and was assured that all amenities would be available. There was No fitness center, no pool and even the pathetic desktop computer and single printer in a corner of the lobby wasn't functional. In the room, there were more extension cords behind the entertainment center to power up the "Kitchenette" which consisted of Wal-Marts smallest Microwave, and a fridge with no freezer section. There was no closet, and you can see the tiny area in front of the A/C for hanging clothes.

I'm surprised that the local Law Enforcement hasn't shut this place down, probably because it's in an unincorporated corner of the county. Local day laborers seem to share this by the week / by the month setup. It was CLEAR to me that this hotel was renting rooms by the hour. There was the same girls with two different guys as I was moving my items in to the room. Later there was an argument with a third male outside.

This hotel was so spooky and noisy that after only an hour I asked to check out. They refused to refund the night's stay and had no apologies for the condition of the room, or the obvious stink of smoke in a "non-smoking room".

There was no way I would even consider this entire chain (Americas' Best?) after this experience. The Corporate headquarters should be ashamed to put their name on the building.

Keep in mind, I've worked overseas for years and felt more unsafe here than in countries that hated Americans. CCW? Yup, I still checked out of this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank webmedics
liverpool95, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at ABVI. As noted we are doing a lot of remodel and construction work. We are getting close to finishing and the results are taking care of many of your comments. Safe travels.
Anne