“Wonderful!!”

Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a beautiful place to stay. The room was clean, and beautiful and the beds were comfy! The free Starbucks coffee in the morning was a nice surprise. And the restaurant Kahili was awesome!
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We had view of parking lot but they offer you a choice when booking and tell you the difference in p...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maxthecat65
There are newer reviews for Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

It's a very nice hotel with friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds and a nice view of downtown Sioux City and the Missouri River. Kahill's Fish Chop & Steakhouse next door is a bonus. Great food and ambiance. I've stayed here a number of times over the past 5 years and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here one night for a business conference. I was pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous decorations and furnishings, extremely helpful and friendly staff, and very comfortable beds. I am rather picky about beds and pillows, and like a softer bed. The bed in the king standard room exceeded my expectations. There were lots of pillows to choose from on the bed, as is typical for a hotel. I particularly liked the down pillows, they were more comfortable than my usual pillows at home! The room I was in was not facing the river, but was extremely quiet. I stayed on the fourth floor and was right next to the elevator but never heard it once. All of the other guest rooms on the fourth floor were down the other hall. I did not eat at the onsite restaurant, but heard it's quite good. I did review their menu, the prices are a bit on the high side. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We decided to stay here, because we love the onsite restaurant, Kahills. We got the Valentine's package, which turned out to be a joke. We were supposed to have champagne & chocolates in the room - turned out to be 4 tiny squares of cake, not chocolates, and a dinky sample bottle of sparkling wine that was enough for by boyfriend and I to each have half a glass. I didn't expect good champagne, but I did expect a bigger bottle. The vending machines & ice didn't work on the 3rd floor. Hunted around 2nd floor and managed to get 2 CANS of pop but that was all we could get to work from that machine. Gave up.
The one nice thing about the room, was there was a little trap door window so we could get some fresh air in. That was a saving grace, because of the rinky-dink heating system - we would've been miserable otherwise. Wasn't a digital thermostat, wasn't a thermostat at all. Under a metal panel, you could choose from hot, cold and high, medium, or low. We set it on low and on the cool side, and it just pumped out hot air, but only in spots. Some parts of the room were cold, other parts were like an oven.
Bed was hard as a rock. With a lump in the middle. My boyfriend likes firm beds, but after an hour, he admitted he was uncomfortable. It hurt to even toss & turn because the bed was so hard and convex, I probably would've been better off on the floor. I don't know how many times I woke up in the night, and then had a sore back the next day. One of the worst nights sleep I've had.
We did check out the pool. There's a cool mural of a beach on one wall by the pool, and the pool was decent size. However, the floor dipped all the way around the pool between the pool and the wall with no drain, so there was just this dirty trench all the way around. I don't know if it's always that filthy, or if they hadn't cleaned the floor in awhile. But I'm guessing that dirty water was what was leaking into the hot tub, and leaving brown rings of suds in it - it was disgusting, and I've never seen a hot tub that dirty.
Overall, I'd NEVER stay here again. I expected more from a place like this, but it was lower quality than some dumpy motels on the interstate - seriously. I'd recommend the restaurant, but stay somewhere else for the night.

Room Tip: River-side view is worth the extra $10.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ificouldonlyfly
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This great hotel on the banks of the river has excellent facilities and felt very luxurious.
The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed and the quality of furnishings is excellent.
Staff were excellent and although I didn't try it the attached restaurant is supposed to be very good. For business or for a romantic stay this is a great place, also very well located near downtown Sioux City.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I've stayed in the Marina Inn before and been really impressed by the quality of the furniture, the decor, and most importantly, the rate. Having spent a LOT more for the right to stay in hotels that offer a LOT less, I think that you get a TON of hotel for the money.

I was disappointed this time, however, by the thermostat in my room. Not only did I struggle to find it -- it's an old school model hidden behind a metal panel -- but it wasn't responsive at all, making the room either ridiculously hot or ridiculously cold.

To be fair, I didn't call and ask to be moved to another room -- something I'm certain the receptive and kind hotel staff would have done without question -- but I did leave a little disappointed this time around.

Still a great value for the room rate, though.

Room Tip: If you can get a room rate that includes a complimentary breakfast at the hotel restaurant -- Kahill...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank wferriter
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We greatly enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Our view was also awesome. Get a room facing the river! We also enjoyed some drinks in their very comfortable lounge and the employees working the bar were very nice. We would like to have eaten our meal at the onsite restaurant but all courses are ordered separately, making your meal very costly.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#13 of 19 in Sioux City
Hampton Inn & Suites Sioux City South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dakota Dunes

Been to Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!