“Great choice!”

Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Rapid City
“Great choice!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here during our daughter's orientation at Briar Cliff. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and the beds the most comfortable we have ever had. The only thing missing was complimentary coffee at the front desk. That would have made it a 10+.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It is sometimes difficult to find great lodging when traveling with a pet, but this Hotel is great and certainly pet friendly. The river front rooms, first level have nice views and make walking the dog access easy.

Room Tip: River front, ground level rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank eniwder
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have family in SSC so have spent a lot of time at this hotel. It's right on the Missouri River and river facing rooms have a lovely view. Only the ground floor rooms have a patio, there is no walk out capabilities above ground floor. I always stay ground floor, riverside when I stay there. Nice to be able to walk out on the patio and have morning coffee.
I have stayed in several suites over the years as well. There are nice suites with a separate living room and small kitchen which have a huge bedroom. Both rooms have a beautiful river view. There was also a jetted tub for two in the bathroom.
Have stayed in a larger suite that had an additional dining room with table that could seat 8. This suite had double patio doors that walked out to dual patios. This was perfect when entertaining family.
My most recent stay was this past weekend. The Marina is in process of renovations. We were put into one of the rooms awaiting renovation. We requested a ground floor, riverside room with king bed. Got ground floor reversible with 2 queens. Not a big deal. Room smelled bad though. We got there late, so didn't want to mess with it that night. Started hearing noises, found three extremely large moths in the room. Had to catch and release. My belief is that the room smelled when the maid was cleaning room, so the patio door was opened allowing moths to come in. Talked to front desk the next morning on our way to a family event, he gave me a different room and said no hurry to move. About 1.5 hours later got a call from the Marina Inn (on my cell) asking me to move my stuff right away as they needed the room. Woman was rude. Went back to hotel and switched rooms.
Had complimentary breakfast in Kahills onsite. Although it was not busy, and the menu extremely limited, it took forever to get our breakfast. When we got it, it was wrong for 3 out of 4 of us. Decided after that to breakfast somewhere else..complimentary or not, it was not worth the time investment.
This stay was not the best for me. I will stay there in the future as my family is about 10 minutes away, so super convenient, but I hope they will kick it up a notch. Definitely not my best stay here.

Room Tip: Ground floor, riverside allows walk out patio.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maggie0526
Roeland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Booked a room here for my wife and three sons, who were traveling over Memorial Day weekend. Initially they were given a room with only one king bed. The personnel at the front desk moved them to a larger room without any hesitation. I think the Marina Inn completed a pretty extensive renovation recently, and my wife said everything in the hotel appeared to be in excellent condition. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave M
Clinton, Iowa
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was very well maintained and the restaurant Kahil's served very good food for dinner and breakfast. Staff at the hotel was considerate and helpful.

The only exception was my waitress at breakfast. As she requested my order, as I spoke the words she was rushing to ask me the next thing. There were only four people dining at 830 AM. I was accompanying my husband who attended a conference there. She brought coffee to the man at the booth adjacent to my table. Then she went to refill a table with one person three tables past mine. Finally she came around and I asked for some more water. It took 15 minutes before she came back and walked to a counter not far from me, and picked up a glass of water to bring me. Earlier I had asked for butter for my toast (I prefer to do it myself - kitchens tend to put way more than I like on the bread). That took here nearly 10 minutes to bring me. While the food was good, her rushing me and then taking her sweet time bringing me a second cup of coffee and water, soured me on giving her a tip. That was my only problem with the hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank iahmb
sioux falls, south dakota
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a beautiful place to stay. The room was clean, and beautiful and the beds were comfy! The free Starbucks coffee in the morning was a nice surprise. And the restaurant Kahili was awesome!
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We had view of parking lot but they offer you a choice when booking and tell you the difference in p...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maxthecat65
Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

It's a very nice hotel with friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds and a nice view of downtown Sioux City and the Missouri River. Kahill's Fish Chop & Steakhouse next door is a bonus. Great food and ambiance. I've stayed here a number of times over the past 5 years and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#13 of 19 in Sioux City
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Hampton Inn & Suites Sioux City South

Been to Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!