“nice place”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wayne
Kirksville, Missouri
“nice place”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our family enjoyed the stay here. The room was clean and quiet, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast wasn't disappointing. Pool, other facilities, and location were fine. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Kim B, Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
I especially enjoyed the kitty winking! Your comments were very enjoyable. It is very gratifying to know that you took the time to uplift the spirits of Staff here at the Cobblestone by letting them know they do a good job. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and Thank You.

GM Wayne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Laurel, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is the first time I stayed here and couldn't ask for a better experience. The front desk personnel had very good customer service manners, and the housekeepers did an amazing job at keeping the room cleaned. The staff was very helpful with all our needs. I loved the fact, that there was a fridge and microwave in the room. The breakfast was wonderful and the quality was the same that you would get at a restaurant. My family and I will indeed stay here again. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. Thank You Cobblestone for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kim B, Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I believe our staff is one of the best and goes above and beyond to meet the guests needs, and make sure our hotel is put in the best possible light. Thank you for your gracious comments.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our family really enjoyed our weekend stay. The staff was great and able to answer any and all questions. Our room was very clean and room service was great. We had several options for dining out and the staff was great with giving directions when needed. I would highly recommend staying here for a nice relaxing getaway. If you have stayed here before you know how wonderful it is!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your uplifting comments. we do try hard to meet our guests needs and I am so glad you took the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your stay.

Antioch, Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Having stayed at the Wayne, Nebraska Cobblestone on several, prior occasions, we had no doubt that this was going to be another pleasant experience. But from the moment we walked in and approached the front desk to check-in, the experience was anything but pleasant. For starters, we were double-booked. And then the "attitude" started. Were we sure that we didn't want two rooms? No! we only wanted ONE room. That took several minutes to fix in their system. Once checked in, we went to our room. Once there, all seemed to be alright. With one exception- the over-sized pillows were a nice touch. The problem being that a significant part of the pillows stuck out of the pillow covers. God only knows what all those pillows had been touching previously, but now they were touching the other pillows as well as the sheets! A call to the front desk revealed that ALL of their over-sized pillows were like that because the hotel didn't HAVE pillow cases that fit. So everybody got to put their faces onto... Well, perhaps you may hazard a guess WHAT the previous guests had rubbing up against it! So we requested smaller pillows. Pillows with full-fitting cases. We should have asked for new sheets, but opted to put clean towels where the pillows would go. Paranoid? No. I'm a microbiologist. And I sure as heck don't want to be sleeping on someone else's microflora! Now for some TV. Well that was just wishful thinking. Maybe the next day will be better. But no. Still no TV. A call to the desk to advise of the problem, but they had no resolution. The front desk gal said she would leave a message for the manager. No manager was on site. OK. So let's get some breakfast. It is after all, after 9AM. More wishful thinking. No coffee. No eggs... Nothing. The metal food warmers were empty. But someone was making waffles. What the heck... You can't go wrong with waffles, right? Wrong! The mix they had for the waffles was so diluted, it was just slightly thicker than milk. Obviously someone was cutting corners to make this stuff go farther. And to add additional insult, the last syrup packet was firmly glued to the bottom of the container. Still no coffee. We've now been there at least a half hour, and there is no one from the hotel to be seen. Time to go to McDonald's for some quasi real food. We returned that evening to find that our smaller pillows had been replaced with the oversized pillows. And yes, they too were sticking out of the pillow cases. While waiting for replacements, we gave the TV another try. Nope! Another call to the front desk. Eventually, the unit began to work and this was without anyone coming to the room. Next morning- a "rerun" of the previous day. This time, in addition to not having coffee, they were serving biscuits and gravy. Or at least that's what the stuff in the warmer looked like. I LOVE biscuits and gravy. But too bad. This stuff was terrible. No wonder there was "food" in the warmer. No one was eating this slop. I wasted two biscuits by pouring that horrible stuff all over them. And I don't EVER waste food. Cobblestone caused me to make the exception. Should you think I am just too particular, keep in mind that this was not my first stay here. Cobblestone has really gone downhill since when it first opened. Granted, this was a holiday weekend, and the place WAS full. But the day we checked out, there were only a handful of cars in the parking lot, and virtually no one at the breakfast area. And in spite of this, there was no hotel staff to be found, nor was the breakfast area being maintained. There is simply no excuse for this. Hopefully for their sake, this was a one time exception.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim B, Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about your previous stays. We always strive to make sure our guests experiance is comfortable and restful. I apologize that it was not up to our normal standards this time..
I have no excuses but i do hope an explanation may be helpful. The microwave had broken down and I was making every attempt to quickly cook breakfast by alternate means. My apology to the guests that morning was inadequate at best as we were full and so many had to wait.
The pillows in our hotel are all standard and I apologize if they were not adequate for your comfort and health concerns, We do wash pillows and all bedding including comforters and spreads daily.
All issues have been addressed and again I am sorry that you found your stay less than what a guest experiance should be. Please accept our apologies and I hope your two previous stays will out weigh this one.
GM Wayne Cobblestone
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is the second time in the past year that I have stayed here and I must say that my experience was "very good to excellent" both times. My room was clean, well decorated, and had very fresh linens and towels. Comfortable and quiet work for me! Also had a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker . . . of which I did not use. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate with several choices that should suit any appetite.

Room Tip: No elevator, so a first floor should be requested if appropriate.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Terry H
Kim B, General Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
We so appreciate your taking the time to let others know that we do try to accommodate all guests and make their stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. I work with an amazing staff who go out of their way to accommodate and meet guests needs . Again thank you for the time you have taken o let us know that.

GM Wayne Cobblestone
Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel while visiting family in the area. I will state that I have worked in the hotel industry for nearly a decade and I always inspect my room before putting down my luggage. As a small town that offered 4 motels and the Cobblestone Inn being the 5th and newest one I felt comfortable staying there. I was sadly mistaken. I walked into our room and threw back the comforter to find little greenish/ yellow bugs crawling all over the bed. I tossed a pillow on the desk in the room and more of those bugs came crawling out. I was so grossed out that I didn't even walk into the bathroom to inspect that. I walked down to the front desk and told the front desk lady about the bugs. She was very nice and gave us a discount for the inconvenience and moved us to another room. I was hesitant but being 11:30 at night alls I wanted was to shower and go to bed after a long day. Room two I will say was a little better but not great. The bed was bug free which was a relief but the bathroom was another story. I turned on the lights in the bathroom to find the floor very hairy, hair in the sink and also in the tub along with blue soap dried on the soap rack. The toilet had dried urine and hair under the lid. Thank god I travel with cleaner and paper towels whenever I stay at a hotel. I scrubbed the bathroom before I'd let my husband or I use it. I was still paranoid about bugs that I slept with the lights on. Using the bathroom in the morning the bugs that were in our first room were also in the bathroom now. The front desk staff was very nice and professional during our two night stay but the cleanliness was definitely bad. My husband did love the cookies at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kim B, General Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
We were very saddened and sorry that your experience was not what it should have been. We have contacted pest control and this is a situation that has been addressed. I am also very sorry you were checked into a room that was not guest ready. It is always our goal to make sure your stay is of the best quality and comfort. We hope you will give us a chance to show you that we can meet that goal for you in the future. Again our sincerest apologies.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Our experience with the Cobblestone ranged from awful to great and involved two different rooms. The first room we checked into was a nightmare. We were greeted by crumbs and dust on the countertops, spots all over the mirrors, and clumps of dried up hair in the shower AND the bathroom floor. We were totally grossed out! I called the front desk and they offered us another room. We were reluctant to try, because we were so freaked out by the nastiness of the first room, but I’m glad we went through the hassle of repacking everything and hauling it to the second room because it was truly spotless. The beds were very comfortable and the decorations were tasteful and relaxing. The bathroom counter tops were granite and spacious. There’s a refrigerator and microwave in the room which is always nice to have. Our room was a bit noisy, but not unbearable. The rooms on the south side of the hotel face a pasture, which gives you a fairly decent view, while the rooms on the north side face the parking lot. I’m pretty sure it would’ve been slightly quieter in a room on the south side just because you wouldn’t hear people coming and going from their cars in the parking lot. All in all, once we got into a clean room, we were happy with this hotel and we will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Been to Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE? Share your experiences!