The Red Lion Inn
US$149
US$135
US$113
Travelocity
The Ilchester Arms Hotel(Ilchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$114
US$106
Agoda.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe pubthe barnstylish roomsmenu choicesbeautiful mealhakelovely old pubchristmas lunchcountry lanestayed here for one nightthe ground floorwet roombusiness tripmarqueemalbecsomersetwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Disappointed with this visit. Can normally rely on the red lion for a beautiful meal but not on this occasion. Food was average and service poor. Ordered a rump steak and was brought out a sirloin, when queried was told they didn't have any rump left. Really wish I had been told before hand and asked if I wanted to change my mind... Which I definitely would have done. No apology either! Really disappointing. Won't return, will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Katharine2112
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed the other night in room 3. the staff on arrival were so very helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The rooms are lovely and clearly considerable thought has gone into the conversion of the barn. Decorations are traditional and in keeping with the style accommodation. there are a couple of points worth and areas for improvement. the water should be pumped into the bathrooms rather than relay of gravity. Decaf coffee should also be available in the rooms. We only had one major issue with the room which was mentioned when we checked out and that was noise. Being new rooms more though should have been given to acoustics. we did not really want to hear the conversations going on above our room at 4am. and nether did we want to hear the water flowing in the bathroom above us. We would return to eat here but not to stay. If this had been a Premier Inn we would have requested a refund.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This beautifully renovated country pub retains all the authentic period charm and authentic features of a traditional country pub. Whilst the accommodation provided is absolutely 5 star, luxurious beds and bedding and large bathrooms and showers.

Breakfast is delicious all local produce and dinner wholesome and tasty too.

Room Tip: Ask for the family rooms upstairs in the barn as they are extra spacious and eat in the restaurant as the food is hole some and delicious.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a nice pub om a lovely location (great beer garden) and I would recommend it but for the price of soft drinks. I stopped off at a lunch time with 3 kids, had 4 soft drinks and some chips. £10 for 4 soft drinks hurts and it will make me chose an alternative next time. I doesnt halp that they only have soft drinks in bottles and not on draft - you get used to this is restaurants but this is a pub that does food at the end of the day.

Perhaps I am not the type of customer that they are aiming for so I wont hurry back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I don't think the hotel website does this place justice. I booked it not knowing what I was going to find but as soon as we arrived and were shown to our room I was happy! The rooms (I think all of them) are located in a new/refurbished building adjacent to the original Inn and they are beautifully decorated in a contemporary country chic style. The room was very spacious with a modern stylish bathroom... all incredibly immaculate. We had dinner at the Inn and the food was good and the atmosphere of the restaurant was warm and buzzy. The service was friendly and attentive. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family