“Surprised ”

Cuisines: American
Description: Affiliated with Petro Travel Stops
Description: Affiliated with Petro Travel Stops
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Im in town at a nearby hotel and i looked this place up because i know they usually have a salad bar in the ones i have been to across the country plus i was kinda hoping for a friday fish fry..buy low and behold it was AUCE prime rib night with salad bar.too rare for me but grilled it to my liking no problem.i mean it is a truck stop so don't take your prom date but its a simple place to get a good meal.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We used to make it a point to stop here on our way to Kansas every year or so. Probably won't be doing that again. The decor is nice and the buffet looked good. We ordered off the menu and it took about 20 minutes to get the food, as they were busy this wasn't a big deal..... except they forgot one of the kids' meals, which started a war. They gave us 20% off and got it out to us fairly quickly. I was ok at that point, then I started eating my coleslaw and there was a big chunk of jello in it, at that point I was not ok anymore. There not much that is more disgusting to me than finding different kinds of food, in my food. Ick.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I've probably been here 5 different times. I'm not crazy about the lunch buffet as most of the items seem to sit there quite a while. Most of the menu items I've seen have looked pretty decent. The staff has always been nice. Last time our family went here on a Sunday night and had the Prime Rib buffet. For $15, this is a very good deal, especially considering their normal buffet is 10 or $12 w/o the Prime Rib. Prime Rib was actually done Rare (Which I LOVED). If you want a sitdown place and don't have much time, I'd say this is a good option for York. But, otherwise if you have more time, I'd recommend Chances R or Kerry's in McCool (5 miles to the South).

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The food was great and the service was outstanding. I gave the waitress a $5.00 tip that's how great the service was

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We found the buffet to be very good even though it was a bit expensive. There was plenty of choices and the food was fresh, hot, and good. If you're not on a tight budget this is a great place to eat.

Been to Iron Skillet? Share your experiences!