“Do not stay here! ”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Battle Mountain
None
“Do not stay here! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This motel is HORRIBLE!!!! Not that clean! The lady in the morning is very rude. I got yelled at for trying to take coffee into my room. We got fleas from stay there! The train kept waking us up though out the night. All the furniture is gross to be around. Not a good place to stay.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Aroundtheworldigo1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

When I made the reservation over the phone I spoke to Diane - she was wonderful very friendly and helpful. When we checked in Diane was at the desk. The most pleasant and helpful person I have run across at any hotel. The room was a king downstairs. Very spacious and very clean. Sure there were a few things that were outdated but overall it didn't matter, the bed was comfortable - property very well kept up. I did not have any of the breakfast so I can't comment on that but I do know they have coffee available all the time. That I took advantage of late in the day.
I don't have any plans of going to this area again but should it happen I would not have a problem staying here. Well worth it - no complaints at all.

Room Tip: Note: There is a train that goes very fast through the town that is very close and loud but did not...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vegasgram
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Needed a place to sleep on our road trip and this was perfect -- clean, comfortable, and cheap! I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the beds and linens. The continental breakfast is very basic (junky pastries and cereal) but at the price we paid I'm not complaining.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this place. My girlfriend and I were staying in Battle Mountain for the night on a road trip, and there were a lot of cheap but funky looking places in town. Big Chief, however, was just as cheap and really nice! Very clean, nice staff, good breakfast and it felt very safe. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed June 2014
Payson, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just happend on this motel. We got off the freeway and had to drive into town (we generally don't like motels near the freeway) to find this motel. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked into our room. Very spacious, clean and smelled good. Very good room for the affordable price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cory J
Renton, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

At first I was really happy to see the clean room, larger than usual fridge, microwave, and big tv. The only problem is that I'm wiring this review at 2:30AM because the bed in room 201 is just not very comfortable. It looks nice enough with lots of fluffy pillows, however I noticed when I first just sat down on it that it seemed to sag on one side. Being super tired after a long drive I didn't think it was going to matter, but well, here I am not able to sleep due to a lumpy bed. A new mattress, update to the dark blue popcorn ceiling (hard to look at on a sleepless night) and update to the plywood portion of the bathroom vanity should surely be in this place's future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank seawinters
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I travel around the western states quite a bit for my work. I have stayed here a lot. The owners show pride of ownership with maintenance and service. The owners are very nice and have great customer service. They truley care about the customers and want the repeat business. It's also a great place for a one night stop.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank John R

Been to Big Chief Motel? Share your experiences!