“Loved our stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Battle Mountain
Grove, Oklahoma
“Loved our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

The staff and housekeeping here are super nice and helpful and care about their guests. The room was clean and charming with an oak log headboard and matching entertainment center. It was a good price as well at 272 a week.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Amberburton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Schaumburg, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

The Good - Clean room, reasonable rate for town in a mining boom with all the workers, ice machine, frig, micro, coffee maker.

The Bad - The internet did not work. Also, the lighting wasn't too good. No ceiling light. Just three lamps. Two of the lamps were on each side of the bed. They were plugged into an extension cord but the cord wasn't plugged into the socket. I had to spend 30 minutes removing the headboard and getting it all plugged in right. That should be the maid's job, not mine.

It's amazing how hard it is to find motels where the internet works at high speed. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I find the internet working at all. I know I'm finnicky. But is it too much to ask that when a motel says on their sign that they have "high speed wi-fi" that they have internet that even works?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Mark_S36669
Central Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

My wife and I had a slight change of travel plans on our way back to Utah from Oregon and called for a room around Battle Mountain, since that would be a decent day's drive from our starting point that morning and leave a decent day's drive back home from there. I called several other places in Battle Mountain and had quotes approaching $200 for one night. I don’t know what convention would have been in town, or maybe they were nearly full without any convention, but that seemed quite steep for our budget. I called Battle Mountain Inn and their price would be less than $55 for us, so I made the reservation.
When we arrived in midafternoon, the lady at the desk assigned us a room upstairs, but near the stairway.
The building was obviously older, the décor was minimal, and the porcelain on the sink had definite black wear marks to show its age. The room was adequate and provided us with the shelter we needed for the night. It was an adventure – rough enough to give us a few laughs, but decent enough that we slept well.
The railroad tracks are just across the street. While trains did go through a few times during the night, if we did wake up, we were able to go right back to sleep, as nothing else about the place was otherwise noisy at night – at least not that night.
Battle Mountain Inn is just a few blocks from downtown. We could have walked there without too much trouble. It is also only a quarter mile or so to the on ramps for I-80, so in the morning when we were leaving, we just doubled back to the ramp to continue East toward home instead of driving through town.
Before we left, we had breakfast at the coffee shop at the Colt Casino just across the parking lot.
For your information, as far as we know, the casinos in town have only slot machines and the like. My wife and I didn’t find any gaming tables.
For lodging on our vacations, my wife and I usually look for Days Inn, Super 8, or other such chains, but if I needed to stay overnight in Battle Mountain, and if the difference happened to be $20 or more per night, I’d still stay at Battle Mountain Inn again. I’d use the difference to treat myself to a good buffet lunch on my way through Wendover on the way home.

Room Tip: A room nearer the steps is more convenient if you get a room on the second floor. Parking against th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Brightpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

This is the worst place ever. Lady at front desk very very rude. Need to send to classes for politeness. Did not want to do anything. She needs to be replace. The room was very very very bad. I will never stay there again in my life time.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Courtland,Mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

To spend a night or more.! I recently got sick in my semi-truck leaving Oregon,and decided to stop at the Flying J truck stop in Battle Mountain,Nevada.

This motel was but 2 blocks away so I decided to check it out....Nice,clean and big rooms with microwave and fridge,and very friendly staff also with a price which would be hard to beat..:)

Also there is a GREAT restaurant adjacent to this motel...Trust me..I am a fussy eater. I will be staying there again...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian N
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

The first night I arrived at a little after 10 pm, only to find that the front office was closed, and I was supposed to go to the adjacent truck stop to check in, if I had a reservation. I got my key there, and when I opened the room, it smelled like a room where someone had smoked, and then the hotel did an inadequate job of cleaning it up (it was a non smoking room). Even worse, the water was running from the tap in the bath, loud enough that it kept me up most of the night. The toiiet was also faulty; I had to left the cover and push down the valve to make sure the water wouldn't keep running. Of course there was no question of getting another room since the office was closed.

The next morning, I had some early morning commitments so I couldn't check out right away (I was here for the week) and so I ended up staying a second night before moving to the Super 8. They did find another room for me. I come back to the second room this evening after working in the desert, only to find that the shower doesn't work. I can hardly wait to get out of here.

Room Tip: absolutely to be avoided at all costs.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was coming home from a long drive and decided to stay half way in Battle Mtn to get some rest before driving home. We checked in and there was a bunch of kids in the lobby and the lady was laying on the couch and took about 3 minutes to get up to help me. Went to our room and it was okay, smelled kind of funny. Well that was just the beginning. Went to wash my hands and the sink would not drain, I called the front desk and they brought a plunger and said do this yourself I don't want to do it. Well I was mad but thought okay I will just do it and let it go. No luck the sink was in bad shape. I called and they moved us to a different room. Well the sink worked so I guess that was a plus this time. Well at Midnight we heard arguing and just let it go cause they had a lot of people in the room next to us. Went to sleep and at 2am someone knocked on our door. We opened up and some drunk person that you could hardly understand was looking for someone, we said not here. Well next thing you know they are arguing again in the next room. 1 hour later I have the cops beating on our door, opened it and had to explain to them everything that was going on. 5am here we go again the neighbors were arguing again. This point after trying to get rest in the hotel we decided to just get ready and leave. Worst night I have ever had and this is a hotel I would never stay in again. When we went to check out it was around 7 or 8 cant exatly remember but the lady was sleeping this time. I had to wake her up. Once I did I explained everything that had went on the night before and asked for a refund due to the issues with the hotel and that is was a little creepy having cops and everything show up and I was glad we were adults and had no kids with us. She refused to refund and said she would talk to the people in the room next to us. I was very nice to her and said well you will not get business from me again and I will review your place. White trash was the word I wanted to use refused to do that and just kept my thoughts to myself. The casino next to it is also horrible! Good luck if you stay here and I wish you the best. No price is worth the way you will be treated at any hotel..

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple