Death Valley Inn
Agoda.com
US$75
Motel 6
US$73
The Ranch at Death Valley(Death Valley National Park)
US$413
US$238
  • Pool
The Inn at Death Valley(Death Valley National Park)
US$253
bedfinder
US$97
Amargosa Opera House and Hotel(Death Valley Junction)
US$95
  • Free Internet
No availability for your dates from our partners
Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel(Death Valley National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsone nightroom was cleanlas vegascoffee makerplace to eatrv parkhot tubovernight staythree nightssmall towninside death valleydenny sroad tripwi fimoteldineryosemite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I've never had a motel manager yell at me so this is a first. Apparently, I wasn't parked where she wanted me to park and called my room after 10pm, waking me up and demanding that I move my truck and trailer immediately. Not a friendly hello, just yelling. As I was getting dressed, she called again (about four minutes after the first call) and demanded to know why it wasn't moved yet. I went to the office and asked her why such an attitude and she said that all she cared about was that my truck and trailer were moved so that her boss wouldn't see it. She even traded a few expletives with me.

I emailed the general manager of the property and he got back to me promptly and said he would look into it. I never heard back from him after that.

If I weren't staying here for work, I would never stay here again

Room Tip: Watch out when you use the sink. My hot and cold were switched and I nearly scalded my hands. Also, the hot is way too hot as per National Building Codes.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank DorminR
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Good option for exploring Death Valley.
Sheets are clean but bed was too soft for my liking. It'a Motel so not luxurious but has everything we needed.
Better facilities than some other hotels on this trip ,there's a fairly large fridge and a microwave too but Beatty is limited so if you want supplies get them before you arrive if anything special.
The pool was a little chilly but hot tub was a welcome addition and was really warm ,actually quite hot but considering Uk weather it felt great.
Reception could have been more welcoming but there you go.
We were ground floor facing the pool and although the room was a bit smaller than the others on our trip was ok .
No room safe but then your alarmed car is outside if you are bothered.
Internet connection was free and I have to say it was the fastest and best that we had on our whole trip and we covered some miles .
They had made an effort with the gardening etc and overall a fairly pleasant one night stay .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caroleserena
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We spent a night inside Death Valley and were looking for a hotel close to Death Valley prior to driving back to Las Vegas, and this is a good alternative, I think even instead of staying inside Death Valley this could be good.
The motel doesn't make a special impression from outside, and we were not even sure if it was open when we arrived late afternoon, but once inside we were welcomed in a very friendly way, room was clean, and you can have your breakfast at Denny's just 3 minutes drive away.
Nothing to complain, this is a good motel, in a central location. Beatty doesn't look very impressive, but there is nothing wrong staying there. The price is perfect, rooms are really ok.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alexander Z
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 12/29... Most of the other hotels were full, being the season that everyone goes to Death Valley. The entrance landscaping and lobby are deceiving... All very maintained and clean, that suckers you in; the rates are posted on the cash register, which the clerk points to if you happen to not see the sign and ask for the rate. She was not overly friendly, and the rates are high, $75 for one person, $80 for two ... Dumb to charge more for 2nd person. The lobby has big areas to either side which appear to suggest a continental breakfast is included - NOPE. Now on to the room.. Old, worn, a dirty towel missed in the closet, and old food in the fridge. The door did not seem to ever really close securely. This place has a pool and hot tub, all outside - it was cold so we didn't check them out. Not many rooms were rented the night we stayed, but the clerk put someone right above us... You could hear every move they made .. The ceiling creaked with every step. This should be your last choice ... We stayed at the El Portal the next night ... It is also old and worn, but the rate was $50 and it was clean, and the clerk was such a nice guy!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sunall
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We have had a nice stay in the Inn .
The rooms were clean and comfortable.
We were on our way from Death Valley to Las Vegas. These visits can be done from Beatty too.
Beatty itself hasn't much to offer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family