“Perfect location!”

Bonnie Springs Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blue Diamond
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Nestled at the base of the mountain near Red Rock Canyon we couldn't have asked for a more picturesque location. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help with any request! Will recommend to anyone wanting to see the countryside away from the Vegas strip turmoil!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Murray E

Reviewed 7 January 2013

The staff are helpful and courteous if you are respectful. the scenery is beautiful and the overall feel is tranquil. I just have to say a few things unfortunately. They rarely wash their comforters! Some of the rooms are quite dirty and or smell old or like cigarettes. but if you don't like your room you can always ask to change to another. The rooms are expensive for what you get.( you can always talk them down). a lot of bugs but they are in the middle of the desert so cant really complain. Its a nice place for some but some are also disappointed. - Former employee and staff member

Room Tip: fireplace rooms are the nicest.
Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Xstaff
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We went to Bonnie Springs today to ride the horse & absolutely loved it!! I'm a local & have been wanting to go forever. We have 11 & 7 year old boys & they thought it was the greatest thing ever. We did an hour ride and it was perfect. The scenery is gorgeous & the weather was perfect. Our trail riders were extremely professional & friendly. We will definitely become regulars. The boys are already talking about doing it again!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank scottemy
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We wanted a short getaway for the Memorial Day weekend. Mt Charleston was too expensive, so we opted for one night at the Bonnie Springs Motel in the Red Rock area, about 30 minutes from our home in Las Vegas. There is horseback riding, a petting zoo, gunfight show, museum, gift shops and western style restaurant with turtle/duck pond all within a few steps

Wild burros rome the area, as do coyotes, peacocks, owls etc. Be ready for some night time company! We saw three wild burros from our room, a peacock at our room's window and listened to them all night, plus an owl. The horses used for riding are nearby, put out to pasture for the night. We found the nature around us enjoyable, the scenery beautiful, but it was hard to sleep with all the animal noises.

The room was large, clean and decorated in a cute Indian design. There was a fireplace too. We really like this room, however, it could really use a flatscreen television and cable. The picture was very fuzzy. Bring a hairdryer as there was not one in the room. No fridge, microwave or clock either. Mattress is quite stiff as well, could use an egg crate or good mattress pad. However, despite that, we recommend this hotel . The front desk clerk is wonderful. The food in the restaurant is quite good. We were just looking for a short time away and had a good time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FuntimesX2
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I decided to stay at Bonnie springs because I came to Vegas to go rock climbing and wanted to be away from the strip. After reading the reviews online I decided to try Bonnie springs expecting a funky fun place to stay. Apon arrival I had high hopes as the staff was very friendly and the location is ,beautiful but my hopes were quickly crushed as soon as I walked into my dingy, dilapidated room. Stained carpets, broken light fixtures, and unfinished drywall patches made me think twice about even taking my shoes off. I purchased some food before arriving because the room advertised a kitchenette. Sadly, when I woke up in the early morning, I found that the cabinets were entirely empty. Not a pot, pan, cup, plate, fork, not a thing. This made the kitchenette entirely useless. Getting in the shower was a coin toss because I wasn't sure I would come out cleaner than when I went in and I had to use a patio chair to lock the sliding door before I left the room. This place is a DUMP and I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Brad S
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is our third trip to Bonnie Springs Motel and we really love it!! It is so peaceful, calmong and rustic. We come to hike in Red Rock which is a few minutes away-you cannot find a more beautiful place to wake up in the morning!! The service here is spectacular (thanks a ton for all Mary and Brittney!) Our room was rather funky, but super clean.

Room Tip: south side rooms face the horses
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank sandiegobunny
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The Bonnie Springs Ranch and Motel is a real treat if you are looking for a quiet place with an abundance of natural beauty. It is grand fathered into the Red Rock state park 20 miles west of Las Vegas, Nevada. It is right at the base of soaring red sandstone cliffs. It is quiet. There is a bar and country restaurant, but there really is no night life other than the falling stars and braying burros. Yes, I said burros. They are now wild descendants of the burros used by the early prospectors. They occasionally stop traffic with their begging tactics. The motel staff have named them all. There are also peacocks that stroll through the grounds.

I have hiked right out of my rooms there. I have also taken excellent sunrise, landscape, burro and horse photos at the location. I can also get to the loop freeway around Las Vegas in about twenty minutes.

On the south side of the building there are horse corrals where the horses are magnificent to watch as they prance around waiting for the early morning feeding.

The rooms themselves are funky, quaint and sometimes hokey. The place is clean and comfortable.
Ask for Mary when you call in. She is very pleasant and informative about the pluses and minuses of the place. It is not like any place you have ever stayed, so do ask questions if you have certain, strongly held preferences. I obviously love it.

Room Tip: If you want to watch the horses in the morning, ask for the south side. the noth side has pretty goo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
The Strip
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
The Resort on Mount Charleston
#1 of 1 in Mount Charleston

Been to Bonnie Springs Motel? Share your experiences!