“Old and run down”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blue Diamond
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Old and run down”
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

The rooms are themed but old and in need of repairs. Dead bugs on the floor, mold around the jaccuzi and food stains on the walls. Many half completed attempts at repairs and many repairs needed. Way too much money @ $165 TV all fuzzy on all channels.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Jokernv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Nestled at the base of the mountain near Red Rock Canyon we couldn't have asked for a more picturesque location. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help with any request! Will recommend to anyone wanting to see the countryside away from the Vegas strip turmoil!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Murray E
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The staff are helpful and courteous if you are respectful. the scenery is beautiful and the overall feel is tranquil. I just have to say a few things unfortunately. They rarely wash their comforters! Some of the rooms are quite dirty and or smell old or like cigarettes. but if you don't like your room you can always ask to change to another. The rooms are expensive for what you get.( you can always talk them down). a lot of bugs but they are in the middle of the desert so cant really complain. Its a nice place for some but some are also disappointed. - Former employee and staff member

Room Tip: fireplace rooms are the nicest.
Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Xstaff

Travellers are raving about these Blue Diamond hotels

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We went to Bonnie Springs today to ride the horse & absolutely loved it!! I'm a local & have been wanting to go forever. We have 11 & 7 year old boys & they thought it was the greatest thing ever. We did an hour ride and it was perfect. The scenery is gorgeous & the weather was perfect. Our trail riders were extremely professional & friendly. We will definitely become regulars. The boys are already talking about doing it again!!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank scottemy
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We wanted a short getaway for the Memorial Day weekend. Mt Charleston was too expensive, so we opted for one night at the Bonnie Springs Motel in the Red Rock area, about 30 minutes from our home in Las Vegas. There is horseback riding, a petting zoo, gunfight show, museum, gift shops and western style restaurant with turtle/duck pond all within a few steps

Wild burros rome the area, as do coyotes, peacocks, owls etc. Be ready for some night time company! We saw three wild burros from our room, a peacock at our room's window and listened to them all night, plus an owl. The horses used for riding are nearby, put out to pasture for the night. We found the nature around us enjoyable, the scenery beautiful, but it was hard to sleep with all the animal noises.

The room was large, clean and decorated in a cute Indian design. There was a fireplace too. We really like this room, however, it could really use a flatscreen television and cable. The picture was very fuzzy. Bring a hairdryer as there was not one in the room. No fridge, microwave or clock either. Mattress is quite stiff as well, could use an egg crate or good mattress pad. However, despite that, we recommend this hotel . The front desk clerk is wonderful. The food in the restaurant is quite good. We were just looking for a short time away and had a good time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FuntimesX2
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I decided to stay at Bonnie springs because I came to Vegas to go rock climbing and wanted to be away from the strip. After reading the reviews online I decided to try Bonnie springs expecting a funky fun place to stay. Apon arrival I had high hopes as the staff was very friendly and the location is ,beautiful but my hopes were quickly crushed as soon as I walked into my dingy, dilapidated room. Stained carpets, broken light fixtures, and unfinished drywall patches made me think twice about even taking my shoes off. I purchased some food before arriving because the room advertised a kitchenette. Sadly, when I woke up in the early morning, I found that the cabinets were entirely empty. Not a pot, pan, cup, plate, fork, not a thing. This made the kitchenette entirely useless. Getting in the shower was a coin toss because I wasn't sure I would come out cleaner than when I went in and I had to use a patio chair to lock the sliding door before I left the room. This place is a DUMP and I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Brad S
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is our third trip to Bonnie Springs Motel and we really love it!! It is so peaceful, calmong and rustic. We come to hike in Red Rock which is a few minutes away-you cannot find a more beautiful place to wake up in the morning!! The service here is spectacular (thanks a ton for all Mary and Brittney!) Our room was rather funky, but super clean.

Room Tip: south side rooms face the horses
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Suncoast Hotel and Casino
#45 of 263 in Las Vegas
The Strip
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas

Been to Bonnie Springs Motel? Share your experiences!