“Small and old”
Review of Midway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Caliente
Midway Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caliente
Santa Clara, Utah
“Small and old”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here based on TripAdvisor reviews, and found they were exaggerated. This is a small, old motel that has been renovated and is relatively clean. The owners were pleasant and the location was pretty quiet. Our room was tiny, however. It only had a full-size bed, two tiny night stands, a small dresser, a small fridge, and a small table with two bar stools, and it was hard to walk around. There was no place to put our suitcases. The bathroom was also small, with no counter space. The shower was very small, but with a good showerhead. There was only one bath towel, and no towel service or maid service between nights. The bed was noisy and uncomfortable. The pillows were okay. We would not stay here again, because there are better options in Caliente.

Room Tip: Try the Shady Motel around the corner.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Xhizzoner
mullrob50, Owner's Spouse at Midway Motel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Sir
I am so very sorry that your stay at the Midway Motel was less than you had anticipated. Had you brought any of the problems to my or my staff's attention, we would have done any and everything within our power to eliminate them. Your written word does not really justify a two bullet rating. You were upset that there was only one towel bundle, but there were three additional towels in the room. We would have gladly given a second bundle (which admittedly has a larger towel in it than the smaller rolled towels) Your other complaint was that the facilities are old and small. You also said that you chose us based on the information on Tripadvisor. Did you not see that the motel is older? There are several pictures which I hoped would make it clear to folks that we are an older motel with lots of charm, not a new cookie cutter Motel 6 kind of facility. The room was $49.00 tax included. The better options you mention for lodging in Caliente are significantly more costly. I have other much larger rooms that are less expensive than the competition. However, you opted for the least expensive. My prayers are with you and your family and we hope you enjoy your future stays "around the corner".

Sincerely
Robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Was passing through town on a motorcycle trip. Through a unfortunate scheduling mistake, I didn't get to stay in the room I reserved. But the owners tried their best to correct their error. I ended up spending a very comfortable night camped on their very comfortable lawn, was offered the use of the showers in the morning and even had a hot cup of coffee brought out to me.

The owner's hospitality and concern for my comfort were among the highlights of my trip and I appreciate it very much!

From what I could tell, the facilities are lovingly maintained by a husband and wife pair and wouldn't hesitate staying at this motel should my travels bring me through Caliente again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Radek A
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stay here every year for a race and unlike other places they don't jack their rates up and the rooms are actually clean. I've stayed in lots of small hotels and this place is the cleanest and friendliest by far. The bed was comfortable and not hard as a rock like many places. Some other racers weren't able to find a place to stay and the midway graciously setup a few beds in their laundry room so they'd have a place to sleep for the night and they didn't even charge them! That is really excellent customer service and just going above and beyond to help out a traveler. Thanks Midway!

Room Tip: Room number 3 is quite a bit bigger than room 7.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in one of the double rooms. It was very clean, newly renovated and the owners are very, very nice. The accommodations far exceeded our expectations. We will definitely stay here again when traveling through this area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you want a break from a generic chain hotel, this is a great place to stay. This an older hotel with a home-like atmosphere. The owners are very nice and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable. And the price was excellent. If you are traveling through southern Nevada and want to avoid Las Vegas, I would definitely recommend this hotel. With a late arrival and early departure, our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My stay here was/is awesome! Robert and Paige are wonderful- they make my stay here fantastic. I work in Caliente but commute from Vegas- I stay here every week - I must say this is the best motel I have ever been in. I highly recommend staying here. This is the best value- clean, great managers, the rooms are very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 5 April 2014

If you're tired of look-alike motel rooms & paying for amenities you don't use, & if you want to see what someone with a decorating flair can do, this is the place for you. It's reminiscent of the "auto courts" of yester-year, updated with modern conveniences. Cozy, friendly, clean, inexpensive, & within easy walking distance of the great food at The Branding Iron.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Been to Midway Motel? Share your experiences!