“carson city”

City Center Hotel
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Reviewed 3 June 2014

we booked the city center hotel for 5 nights in may 2014
it is worth the money.The rooms are very clean
no noise from the street.
close to the Nevada state museum(must see)
short drive to lake tahoe(30 minutes)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for City Center Hotel

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The City Center Hotel in Carson City is a good address for any kind of stay in Carson City.
We have booked the hotel for a stay of three nights in a double room with two beds.

The room was spacious and had by far enough place for us both. Same about the bathroom.
The stuff was very friendly and helped us out on any question we had.
The location is very good in the heart of Carson City, near the Casinos with a lot of different restaurants in walking distance.
The included Wi-fi is very fast and a small fridge is located in the room.

Only minus points: the windows are not isolated very good, which doesn't make it noisy, but the AC works regularly to hold the temperature in winter.
The bathroom was a little cold, as the ventilation is working too good in this room.
Our room was only cleaned one time, not two. We don't know the reason, as it was no problem for us.

As the hotel has a great value and very friendly stuff, I can only recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DerHenni
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here for a night on the way through Carson City- the rate was great and inexpensive, the staff was very friendly and great to talk to, and the internet worked fast! (which was a plus as we needed to catch up on a lot of work) The rooms were very large and clean!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank HappyTravels1989
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We absolutely love this place and the price is always a good deal. Barbara and Ruth know us by name since we go here a lot. Not really fancy but the rooms are big and all the rooms have recently been renovated...great beds and always clean. Only problem we have sometimes is the free wifi, can't always get a good signal. We look forward to going back!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deb-Jon06
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have stayed here twice (5 days each) and both times it has been a wonderful experience. I have an ankle that has issues due tobreak/surgery and they hae been very accomodating by having me stay on the bottom floor even tho there is an elevator. Staff is very warm, freindly and welcoming.

Rooms are very spacious & clean. There is a nice flat screen TV for quiet time and a fridge to stow sancks and drinks in. Nice modern bathroom that is cleaned (and I mean CLEANED) daily.

Good location as you can walk to the "blue hair" casinos, restaurants, State muesum and the capital grounds/complex. Easy access to north bound 395/580 or east/west bound 50. Just a short trip (10 minutes) to the V & T Rail and about a 30 minute drive to Virginia City.

I will keep staying here in my visits and in the future while home huntin in Carson City

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Roylen S
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The price was right. The rooms are older with new renovations. Lacks power outlets badly! In the new electronic age we could not plug in to recharge everthing. The bathroom was small like an old hotel. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and we would stay here again. We had a great view of the Nevada Days hot air ballons going up in the morning. Most of the parking lot was blocked for the parade however, they had plenty of room behind and across the street to park. The guest service rep that checked us in was really great and the morning check out was just as good.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ManyRoadsTraveled
Reviewed 15 October 2013

As others have said this is an older property but the rooms were recently renovated. There is a lovely lobby with a fireplace, rocking chairs and TV just like your living room. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly and helpful staff. The room was large, very clean, comfortable bed and had a fridge & coffee maker . It is also walking distance to the Casino, restaurants , a grocery store and more.
My husband had come down with the flu and needed to lay down right away so I went to get our luggage as I came through the lobby door Ruth Ann quickly assisted me with the luggage cart. After we were settled I went and asked her where I could get some soup and she directed me to a near by grocery store which had exactly what I needed. Each pass I made through the lobby Ruth Ann asked how my husband was doing, we really felt cared for.
I would definitely stay here again, Thank you staff at City Center Hotel!!

Room Tip: If street noise bothers you ask for a room on the East corner although late at night the traffic was...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple