“breakfast in luxury hall”

Hardman House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Genoa, Italy
“breakfast in luxury hall”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

hardman house is a building on the main road in english factory old style and you can go to the city centre walking five minutes. We chose a room on the top floor, tree view. The room is big and clean, breakfast in the hall was rich, full of delicious cakes. There is a lift and free garage. All the staff was kind and helpful.
For dinner, you can try the big english pub (in the past it was an hotel) on the main road, ten minutes walking to the centre, on the other side. We ate delicious salmon and good beer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sonia_liguria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Volcano, California
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We have stayed at the Hardman off and on over the past 40 years, and have always been satisfied. The place is older, but well maintained and clean. The location, right downtown and near the world-class Adele's Restaurant, is excellent. We shall return, as we always do.

Room Tip: Pick one in the back, away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank rwwaugh
Merced, California
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed here for four nights. JUST FYI this hotel is under construction and when I made reservations, nobody told me that! Large sheets of plastic hanging in the hallways. Room was large enough for two people and luggage. There were however stains on the carpet. The bedspread on my bed was not changed in four days, plus it had an ink stain on it. Towels, well one day a good towel the next day a very well used towel. Breakfast, first day good, lots of choices by Sunday morning, the "leftovers", were sparse and picked up before the 9:00AM ending of the breakfast.

Pluses: Walking distance to casinos, food, bars and entertainment. Underground parking.
No pool... but a few tables outside to sit.

All in all an ok place but not great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dynarider
Harprit B, General Manager at Hardman House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear dynarider,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Your candid comments are appreciated. Yes there is currently some work being done due to unexpected damage that occured at the end of our hallways. We are working as quickly and quietly as we can to get everything repaired. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. I will ensure we look into this matter promptly. Thanks again for your time and feedback.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My words do not stay here especially if you have kids. I booked this room two months in advance requesting a connectiong room as we were traveling with Grandchildren. Upon arriving we were told have of the hotel was under construction for water damage and we would have to be put in separated rooms. I had to sleep in the grand kids room as my husband got the room by himself.
The rooms need to have Anthony from make over this hotel rooms come and redo the whole hotel.

The bedspreads was scuzzy, floor carpet needed to be cleaned, in our room looked like milk stains all over the carpet. Beds were the worst I have slept on. Just not a fun restful place.

No pool, my fault for not asking but what hotel now a days does not have a pool. Kids were bored to death but again I will take blame for not asking.

On our last night the AC in my husbands room went out. They could not fix it. Temps in Carson City that day were in the high 90's and he was leaving back home in the morning. They had an emergency room to move him into on the 3rd floor.

No compensentation for moving him and no compensentation for not having our connecting rooms.

My advice Stay someplace else!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Harprit B, General Manager at Hardman House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Dear xyngular,

I would like to once again apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying at our hotel. I wish you had taken the time to contact the front desk and/or the manager during your stay so that we could have addressed and corrected any issues you had during your stay. I would have been more than happy to do whatever to took to ensure that your stay was comfortable and that your requests were handled personally. Since that option was not possible I issued you a refund the moment I was made aware of the situation.
Brisbane
Reviewed 30 June 2012

we took the Carson City to Virginia City Steam train trip arriving back in Carson city at a 4.30pm. we drove down the main street and found this hotel centrally located and we approached the receptionist who made us feel welcome and had a vacancy so we decided to stay. it is an older style hotel but the room was clean and spacious. Hotel has undercover parking, but we parked at street level and felt our car was safe. There as a good choice for breakfast. the morning staff were friendly and helpful giving us directions to further our trip.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear LIL32Brisbane ,

Thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us and I hope our readers finds your comments very helpful. We believe our hotel to be the best value in Carson City. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Spearfish, South Dakota
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Meh... for al the excellent reviews, I guess I was expecting more. It wasn't a bad stay, just... a night's stay. Room (a corner room) was large. Staff was friendly. Price was right. No complaints. It looks neat on the outside, but on the inside it's just another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank snowkissed
Harprit B, Manager at Hardman House Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
snowkissed I really appreciate the time you have taken to write us a review. We strive to ensure are customers are completely satisfied with their stay. We hope to see you again in the future when you are in the Carson City area. Have a great day.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I chose this hotel based on the ratings and reviews. I guess most people are not very picky. The place was very dated and the hallways are very stuffy and hot. I got what they call a suite, and was a bit disappointed. The bedroom was a great size but the living room was very, very small. The furniture was nice in the bedroom. The carpet was old and dingy. The panel in the ceiling was moved up and over which was kind of scary as I was on the 3rd floor and all I could see was what looked to be the attic....every scary movie starts in the attic. Over all: I was kinda let down, as the reviews made me feel I had made a good choice. The place just needs a facelift. It does have a bit of a bed and breakfast feel. It's just so old and run down. Look out for the elevator..it will slam closed on you. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I just feel that I paid a little more than it was worth. For a lower price I might have returned...but they charge too much for what it is.

Room Tip: Spend the extra 20 bucks and go to the Hampton Inn if you are at all choosey.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Harprit B, General Manager at Hardman House Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
angiagram, I am sorry to hear the Hardman House Hotel was not what you expected. I agree that the second room in the suite is not a large room and I would not call it a living room as it is more of a sitting room with wet bar and tv. We definitely try to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability and always strive for excellent customer service. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review and please come see us again if you are in the Carson City area.