“Excellent Value and Friendly Service”

Americas Best Value Inn Carson City
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Value and Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

I have stayed here many times in the past few years. You won't find a better room for the price. If you need something attended to, all you need do is ask. The location is close to downtown Carson City, but has the advantage of not being in a downtown area. Most importantly, the property is usually quiet. The property is far enough away from the main road to avoid most road noise--a problem most experienced travelers can appreciate.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Jeff H
golde, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Carson City, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you for taking a time for your comments we are glad to here that you have a good time at are place hope to see you again and ones again thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Carson City, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

My wife and me stayed here for 6 days after moving from Texas. Of course it's not the Taj Mahal,
but we found it very satisfactory. We don't agree with these other reviews. For example, we didn't see any of the things mentioned in the reviews. The price is the best in town. The management is excellent. There is a small, clean continental breakfast in the mornings. They allow pets. It's not perfect, but the managers strive for a good stay. Very friendly and helpful people!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jay D
golde, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Carson City, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
I want to thank you for talking the time to give us your suggestions and comments onces again thank you very much hope to see you again
San Francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I stayed in that hotel for a couple of nights, and was still willing to give it another chance after the problems I had the first night, but too much is too much. There're NO non-smoking rooms there, as the smoke freely travels into "non-smoking" rooms from smoking rooms, via bathroom vents. This violates the State law, I believe. Some of the "non-smoking" rooms were filled with smoke, as employee was checking them one by one, trying to find a "non-smoking" one. He told me that signs on the rooms didn't mean much. I had to change room close to midnight, as someone checked in into the room below mine and started smoking in their bathroom--with all that smoke filling the bathroom in my room, so disgusting--and I have asthma and can't tolerate this. The first night I stayed there, I had to move because there was no internet service at all in the part of the building I was in (despite being promised to have internet connection--I was on a business trip and it was crucial)--and because there were 2 huge refrigerated trucks in the parking lot that run their refrigeration systems (and engines--truckers run them in turns) all night--it was basically like a highway rest stop area or truck stop, not a "hotel", due to noise and pollution from trucks. II give on extra star for location in Carson City, as it's closer to nature places. They have a huge hotel and one would think they would separate smoking and non-smoking rooms, to be in different parts of the building to avoid smoke contamination. Time to stop violating the State smoking laws! Smoking means no smoke exposure in the room or you may be liable for health damages to people with medical conditions!

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Alexd00xx
golde, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Carson City, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your suggestions and comments. Our hotel is 75% non-smking. We are in the process of better selecting our smoking rooms. We are continously training our staff to better serve our guests. This situation should of never happed. The internet situation has been repaired. We understand the need to have a working internet service and we have ugraded our routers to offer better coverage. It is unfortunate that you left unhappy. Our goal is to have satisfied guests all the time. I am sue that you will find your next stay more enjoyable. As you mentioned, this hotel is a great value and close to key attractions like the state capital and Lake Tahoe.

Travellers are raving about these Carson City hotels

Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We booked this online due to the price, location and pictures that were shown it looked okay for one nights stay....WRONG! I knew the minute we walked in the lobby it was a dump. The man behind the desk spoke broken English, and seemed confused as to our request for rooms right next to each other (I later though about it and realized he was probably used to renting by the hour, that's why!). We got 2 rooms...one for my husband and I, the other for our daughter and her 2 young boys. I was so upset the moment we walked in, but too tired and didn't want to deal with an attempt to get a refund and go elsewhere....so we were stuck! We couldn't get rooms right next to each other....(the one's next to each other were only smoking rooms)....so we ended up with one upstairs, and one right below it. Our daughter's room had something (God knows what) red splattered on the ceiling, and we also noticed it on the stair-rail. The locks on the doors were insufficient, and we noticed several of the rooms didn't have screens on the windows. Needless to say....we went right to bed (using our own pillows, and not sitting on ANY of the blankets) and got up very early to get the hell out of there!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Susaberg
los gatos, ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

1. There were feces stains on bed sheets!
2. There was a dried yellow stain on the toilet seat.
3. The tub doesn't drain properly.
4. There's heavy urine smell at the property.
5. The carpet, especially in the public area, is filthy to say the least.
6. Rude customer service.
Trust me, it's not worth the a few bucks you could save. Avoid this place at all cost.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank abcde0
golde, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Carson City, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. We use your comments to evaluate our product and provide additional needed training for our staff.
We have viewed your comments with our staff and made necessary changes to ensure that the conditions that you describe do not happen again. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you have experience during your stay at our Inn and assure you that we have taken care of the issues that you have pointed out.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

Cigarette butts in our "Non-Smoking" room. Animal feces near pool area. Totally filthy. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank summer2fun4us
We appreciate your comments and thank you for the time you took to post your review. We apologize for the conditions that you found while staying at our Inn. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have taken steps to insure that the conditions do not arise again.
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

My wife and I checked in and were laying on the bed when my wife noticed a "bug" in her hair. I crushed the bug...a small pool of blood. We pulled down the cover and saw several more bugs in the sheets. On the mattress cover alot of blood spots from the poor last victim. I complained to desk clerk and was offer another room. Inspected the mattress in the new room and found several dead bedugs on the mattress cover. Checked out and went down the road to the Super 8....no problem there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Courtyard Carson City
#4 of 17 in Carson City
Americas Best Value Inn-Tahoe City/Lake Tahoe
Wyndham Garden Carson City Max Casino

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Carson City? Share your experiences!