“worst motel i've been to”

Americas Best Value Inn Carson City
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
los gatos, ca
“worst motel i've been to”
Reviewed 26 January 2011

1. There were feces stains on bed sheets!
2. There was a dried yellow stain on the toilet seat.
3. The tub doesn't drain properly.
4. There's heavy urine smell at the property.
5. The carpet, especially in the public area, is filthy to say the least.
6. Rude customer service.
Trust me, it's not worth the a few bucks you could save. Avoid this place at all cost.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank abcde0
golde, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Carson City, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. We use your comments to evaluate our product and provide additional needed training for our staff.
We have viewed your comments with our staff and made necessary changes to ensure that the conditions that you describe do not happen again. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you have experience during your stay at our Inn and assure you that we have taken care of the issues that you have pointed out.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Cigarette butts in our "Non-Smoking" room. Animal feces near pool area. Totally filthy. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank summer2fun4us
We appreciate your comments and thank you for the time you took to post your review. We apologize for the conditions that you found while staying at our Inn. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have taken steps to insure that the conditions do not arise again.

Travellers are raving about these Carson City hotels

Utah
Reviewed 14 August 2010

My wife and I checked in and were laying on the bed when my wife noticed a "bug" in her hair. I crushed the bug...a small pool of blood. We pulled down the cover and saw several more bugs in the sheets. On the mattress cover alot of blood spots from the poor last victim. I complained to desk clerk and was offer another room. Inspected the mattress in the new room and found several dead bedugs on the mattress cover. Checked out and went down the road to the Super 8....no problem there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobNUtah
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2009

This was a good bargain for the price we paid. The place was clean, and even had a small pool. Most motels at this price range lack a pool; although it was too cold to use the pool, it was good that it was clean and working at the time of our visit.

In addition, the property is located in a good central location near downtown Carson City and shopping districts on the south side of the city. The exit to Lake Tahoe via US 50 is only a short drive from the hotel.

The only thing that the motel lacked was continental breakfast, but I'm willing to look past that for a 1-2 star hotel. I would recommend this place for people looking for a bargain room with basic amenties.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mustang9975
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 7 May 2009

My wife and I booked this property through Hotwire. On paper, this place looked great - it had a pool and a free breakfast. Also, the price seemed right. This was listed as a two star property, which is the new one star, since Hotwire no longer has a one star category. But, we didn't know that, so we plunged into the purchase.

Much of the previous reviews are correct. This is an old, run down property that makes the Motel 6 next door look glamorous. As you pull in, the first things you notice are a dilapidated gazebo set alongside the side of the parking lot against the fence with Motel 6, and a closed down jacuzzi with the lettering peeling off of its maintenance shed. We didn't check out the pool, but it looked closed too. The hotel is run by very nice people, who, as a previous reviewer stated, is running this property on a shoestring. Check in went smoothly.

The rooms are old, but clean. The furniture is breaking down, and the bed was sagging sadly in the middle. The lights must have had thirty watt bulbs, giving the room a creepy dimness. The hotel didn't bother to give you soap or shampoo, instead mounting dispensers on the wall like one would find in a health club shower. The towels were the thinnest, cheapest towels I have ever seen in a hotel.

The breakfast was a joke, with Little Debbie cake - like pastries and one cereal available.

Overall, this is a low budget, cost conscious hotel with little to offer except a bed to sleep. However, it's clean.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Publius2003
Spring Creek, NV
Reviewed 5 March 2009

You do get what you pay for. I arrived in Carson City very late. I thought I could trust the brand name. I was wrong. The front desk clerk was nice. The room was absolutely horrid. I found numerous hairs on my bed, on the pillow case / sheets & throughout the room. Some of the hairs were pubic. There were a disgusting item stuck to the wall. The towels were threadbare & had stains. SInce I was extremely tired, I did not make any complaints. I slept on the top of the bed covers in my clothes. The carpet was worn & was not clean. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, other than someone who could not afford anything.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim W
Los Angeles
Reviewed 25 August 2008

This property is next to motel 6 and super 8, couldn't remember which one had bad reviews at this site, So I picked Best value, all 3 had the same price. $44. I arrrived at night and left early morning before sunrise so I can't tell you muuch about the exterior, but it does need some cosmetic care. The room was OK, clean, bathroom clean, I got a room in back away from the highway, it was very quiet. AC unit looked new but wasn't working properly, I slid out the filters and found them clogged, Worked great after that. Resturant 3 buildings south.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business