“Working and Living”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I'm a big fan of this property which I've stayed at successive times for work in the area. The staff is friendly, warm in greeting and helpful in times of need. I'm always pleased with the room I'm assigned (it varies) and the recognition I receive at arrival. I'm confident I'm getting a fair price - even hazard a best price bet - which is clearly shown when I check in. Membership in IHG Rewards has me banking points, even at the great rate.

Value: Significant. Large rooms, great amenities, breakfast included.
Comfort: I appreciate the comfort of the beds AND the work surfaces. Two types of pillows (soft and firm) is a bonus. The lobby is always welcoming. And the WiFi speed is fantastic.
Overall: Excellent.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great natural light from their windows.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We went to Carson on a family trip and we always stay at this hotel. This place is easy to get to and it's the cleanest in Carson. My family and I love this place cause of the pool and spa. My kids really like the breakfast. And the most important thing is that every time we stay here the rooms are always so nice and clean. I think the beds are so comfy. This hotel is also very quiet. Next time you're in Carson stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Chica077
Jesse S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thanks for writing a wonderful review. Our team really appreciate that you choose our hotel for your stay in Carson City. Its glad to know that your whole family enjoyed the Pool and liked the Breakfast. We look forward to welcome you again when you visit this area in future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We travel frequently, and I am usually a fan of the Holiday Inn Company. The problem started at check-in on 1-8-14. She took forever to look up a price, and said we got the best rate. NOT. We have always experienced the best prices as a walk-in, as opposed to reservation, and knew instantly her "best" price of $129.99 for one bed (for mid-week) was a bit too high. After even more wasting of our time, (during which I was prepared to walk out - because of this protracted research) she, finally came up with $119.99. Ok. So, at least we are not making a house payment for one night. At check-in, I noticed the good, the bad, and the ugly. Good would be; the very clean pool and spa, with water at adequate temperatures. The hot breakfast with a great attendant. Bad would be; the empty cups and dirty towels everywhere in sight in the pool area,... the entire visit,... as well as the garbage on our private bathroom floor, including the prior guest's q-tip, used, and behind the bathroom door. Ugly; that would be the customer service provided by this establishment. She did not address our concerns, nor apologize,... or even send someone up to check it out, so we had to see that lack of attention and cleanliness until the maid came the next day. In addition, after further inspection, I noticed crumbs on top of the bed, and lipstick on the top sheet. Front desk proclaimed she had watched maids in the past, and they did a stellar job. Not this time, but (again), no apology, which did not surprise me. We were going to get another hotel, but first asked what another day would cost, and this time, it went down to $109.99,.... but first, I requested a complete linen change, which did occur, as well as the floor cleaned properly. But, I really expected that in the first place. Since returning home this week, I have been receiving computer ads for this hotel room at $89.99, which adds further insult to injury. No, Holiday Inn Express Carson City, you did not "make things right" with us, as you brag in your in-room literature. Your check-in haggling is embarrassing, your "best price" was not close, and arguing with your guests is poor business practice. We are telling everyone else, since you didn't seem to care too much when we told you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We spent a weekend in Tahoe area and stayed in this hotel. It was very nice and we liked it very much. Staff was helpful and nice as well.
Room was clean. Had a king size bed, TV, microwave, fridge, desk and chairs. Shower was huge and comfort, very clean.
Breakfast could have been better, but for this price I didn't expect anything more.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have NEVER stayed in a hotel where the staff were so rude. Both the night clerk and the night manager were extremely rude to me just because we booked the room on priceline.com. We were traveling with our two children and needed a room with two beds. They told us that we had gotten it for a "ridiculously low price" ($79 instead of the $109 listed on their own website) and "you get what you get." Then they said we would need to pay an extra $40 per night for a room with two queens. They accused me of lying on the priceline website about how many people were staying in the room (not even an option on priceline) and then went on to complain about the maid having to make up an extra bed, and now they were losing money on the breakfast because there were four of us. So unprofessional! Then don't do business with priceline if you are going to take it out on the customer. The room was okay the first night, but there were bugs crawling on the bed the second night. :( We will NEVER go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Lovemyboys842,

Thank you for posting your comments about your stay with us. It is unfortunate that we were not able to deliver an exemplary experience on this occasion due to the quality of service received from our staff. Please be assured that your comments have documented accordingly and would be forwarded to our team so that they can improve our efforts.

Again, thanks for the candid review and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a perfect hotel for us.
We are on a long trip and having the washers and dryers for guests was wonderful, and they only cost $1 to use.
It is an excellent breakfast, with omelets or scrambled eggs, and bacon or sausage each morning, plus oatmeal, cereal, juices, yogurt, pancakes, etc.
There is a computer and printer for use by guests for free. I had to send a fax, and they sent that for free. The in-room Wi-Fi is free and fast.
This is the 2 1/2 star Hotwire hotel for Carson City and I bought the 4 nights through Hotwire at about $20 per night less than the cheapest rate the hotel offered on its website. But it would be almost worth it to pay the extra money to be sure you got this hotel.
The room is large and the bed comfortable. The hotel seems almost new.
I don't give many "excellent" ratings; this is the first one of the 6 hotels we have stayed in on this trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I usually stay at Marriott Residence Inn since I travel with 4 adults and we like the two room option. I booked two rooms at this Holiday Inn based on other reviews and it did not disappoint. The staff is so friendly and genuine. Made us feel welcome and right at home even though we only stayed one night. Staff gave great suggestions about things to do, places to eat and offered discounts. Great cookies too!

Beds are comfortable, amenities served our needs and very clean. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure to be clear about your needs with staff. They will accommodate your every need.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
The Plaza Hotel Carson City
The Plaza Hotel Carson City
#9 of 17 in Carson City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City? Share your experiences!