“Clean and welcoming”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The property was adequate for our needs, a one night stay. The king size bed was great for watching tv and reading, not so much for sleeping.

For reasons I can't explain we both woke up with various aches and pain. I suspect due to a new over firm bed. (might say something about over 60's physique, or perhaps lack of one?)

The room was very clean and nicely appointed. The shower refreshing.

I didn't go to the free breakfast but my husband did and was not impressed. He settled for cereal and milk. He even passed on the orange juice which he suspected was watered down.

For someone who gravitates to a very firm bed and a short stay this would be a great choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Chris S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are very happy that you noticed the cleanliness of the rooms. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the mattress. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Next time you decide to visit your friends and family in our area again, I hope you will choose to stay with us again. Thank you for your business!

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is quite nice. The location is on the main drag of the city but not walking distance to any attraction. However, it is quite and the room is clean. I was greeted very well by the front desk. Internet is free and fast. Good, clean and quite hotel. Across from the hotel is a nice scenery too.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Despite being the state capital, there are no proper hotels in this town, certainly nothing above 3 stars. This property was booked for me by a company I was visiting and, as it was only 1 night, I managed. It was clean, secure and well located. Utilitarian. The downside was there was quite a bit of noise from the adjacent rooms but management adjusted my bill after I complained so it evened itself out. Next time I will just stay in Tahoe but if you are looking for basic accomodation, I imagine this is as good as it gets in Carson City.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Drewmc50
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear MonkeyGreen,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I sincerely regret that this stay was not 100% satisfactory due to the noise levels experienced. Despite this, I am pleased that you found our property to be well located and secure. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your comments will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I'm a big fan of this property which I've stayed at successive times for work in the area. The staff is friendly, warm in greeting and helpful in times of need. I'm always pleased with the room I'm assigned (it varies) and the recognition I receive at arrival. I'm confident I'm getting a fair price - even hazard a best price bet - which is clearly shown when I check in. Membership in IHG Rewards has me banking points, even at the great rate.

Value: Significant. Large rooms, great amenities, breakfast included.
Comfort: I appreciate the comfort of the beds AND the work surfaces. Two types of pillows (soft and firm) is a bonus. The lobby is always welcoming. And the WiFi speed is fantastic.
Overall: Excellent.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great natural light from their windows.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We went to Carson on a family trip and we always stay at this hotel. This place is easy to get to and it's the cleanest in Carson. My family and I love this place cause of the pool and spa. My kids really like the breakfast. And the most important thing is that every time we stay here the rooms are always so nice and clean. I think the beds are so comfy. This hotel is also very quiet. Next time you're in Carson stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Chica077
Jesse S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thanks for writing a wonderful review. Our team really appreciate that you choose our hotel for your stay in Carson City. Its glad to know that your whole family enjoyed the Pool and liked the Breakfast. We look forward to welcome you again when you visit this area in future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We travel frequently, and I am usually a fan of the Holiday Inn Company. The problem started at check-in on 1-8-14. She took forever to look up a price, and said we got the best rate. NOT. We have always experienced the best prices as a walk-in, as opposed to reservation, and knew instantly her "best" price of $129.99 for one bed (for mid-week) was a bit too high. After even more wasting of our time, (during which I was prepared to walk out - because of this protracted research) she, finally came up with $119.99. Ok. So, at least we are not making a house payment for one night. At check-in, I noticed the good, the bad, and the ugly. Good would be; the very clean pool and spa, with water at adequate temperatures. The hot breakfast with a great attendant. Bad would be; the empty cups and dirty towels everywhere in sight in the pool area,... the entire visit,... as well as the garbage on our private bathroom floor, including the prior guest's q-tip, used, and behind the bathroom door. Ugly; that would be the customer service provided by this establishment. She did not address our concerns, nor apologize,... or even send someone up to check it out, so we had to see that lack of attention and cleanliness until the maid came the next day. In addition, after further inspection, I noticed crumbs on top of the bed, and lipstick on the top sheet. Front desk proclaimed she had watched maids in the past, and they did a stellar job. Not this time, but (again), no apology, which did not surprise me. We were going to get another hotel, but first asked what another day would cost, and this time, it went down to $109.99,.... but first, I requested a complete linen change, which did occur, as well as the floor cleaned properly. But, I really expected that in the first place. Since returning home this week, I have been receiving computer ads for this hotel room at $89.99, which adds further insult to injury. No, Holiday Inn Express Carson City, you did not "make things right" with us, as you brag in your in-room literature. Your check-in haggling is embarrassing, your "best price" was not close, and arguing with your guests is poor business practice. We are telling everyone else, since you didn't seem to care too much when we told you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We spent a weekend in Tahoe area and stayed in this hotel. It was very nice and we liked it very much. Staff was helpful and nice as well.
Room was clean. Had a king size bed, TV, microwave, fridge, desk and chairs. Shower was huge and comfort, very clean.
Breakfast could have been better, but for this price I didn't expect anything more.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple