Stayed 2 nights here. Hotel was ok. Nothing to brag about, but nothing to really complain about either. It was perfect for sleeping and using as a "base camp". Lobby was beautiful and inviting. I'm used to HIE staff giving the impression they LOVE their jobs and are here to make my staff amazing, that was not the case. Nothing bad happened with the staff, however, they gave the feeling they were only behind that desk because it was their job to be, no greetings unless guests initiated, no interactions unless asked, etc. Breakfast food was average, packaged muffins, sausage, boring eggs, make your own pancakes, bananas. Single, small elevator seemed subpar for HIE. Again, nothing truly horrible, just weird compared to other hotels in this chain. We had to wait on more than one occasion for Housekeeping to load up their carts either in or out before we could use the elevator. As always, the king bed was very comfortable and the room spacious and clean. However, room was "stuffy" when we first opened the door, but we easily fixed that by opening the window for awhile. At 8:59 both mornings of our stay, we awoke to the sound of "Housekeeping, housekeeping" knocking on all doors around us. My recommendations to hotel management: 1. Install fans in bathroom 2. Do something about the "vent/duct" in the bathroom that appears to be a DIRECT microphone to the room next door's bathroom!! 3. Out the back door, at the bottom of the stairwell, either post a sign that alerts guests of the 2 inch 'dip' going in/out of the doors or construct some type of threshold (that is an accident waiting to happen) 4. Retrain Housekeeping to COMPLETELY check the mini fridge in the room, bend over and make sure it is truly empty between guests (as we were emptying out our food we found someone else's leftovers sitting on the top shelf, obviously been there for way too long….GROSS!!). The best part about this hotel is its proximity to OTHER cities!! We drove about a half hour to Reno for dinner. We drove about 30 minutes and spent the day in Virginia City (highly suggest!) and then after check out we drove approximately 30 minutes to Lake Tahoe. We honestly found nothing to do in Carson City itself. Due to the less than stellar stay (like we are used to with Holiday Inn Express) here, we will not be back….Reno or Tahoe will get our business next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City, Nevada. We are conveniently located off scenic North Carson Street (Business 395) on the north end of Carson City across from the Green Golf Course near the Nevada Capitol Building, casino gaming and restaurants. This beautiful hotel is only 30 miles from Reno Tahoe International Airport and all Reno attractions, 30 miles from Lake Tahoe and 17 miles from Virginia City. Special in-room amenities are: free wireless high-speed Internet, 27' TVs with HBO and Pay-Per-View, microwave & refrigerator, 2 line phones with free local calls, work space, hair dryer and free parking. Luxurious granite appointments including bathroom surrounds, counter surfaces along with granite vanity tops were installed for a touch of class. We have 20 suites and a Honeymoon Suite, which come with a wet bar, separate living area, sofa bed, activity table and 2 chairs. Take a dip in our heated year around indoor swimming pool and spa . Other amenities include a fitness room, guest laundry and meeting facilities. Wired and wireless Internet is available in the lobby and in all rooms, pool and breakfast area.Visit Carson City, NV and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites.There is a computer with Internet access in the lobby for guest use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carson City
- Holiday Inn Carson City
- Carson City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Carson City