I checked in on a Sunday afternoon, hoping to stay two nights. I paid a little over $100 for the first night, but oddly the rate for the second night went up to $125 or so. So I ended up only staying here one night, then I decamped to the Motel 6 on the other end of town (see Trip Advisor reviews) which of course wasn't as nice but cost 1/3 as much!! No discount for a military retiree, but they did upgrade me to a suite! Lots of amenities here, but since I was just staying for a night I didn't use most of them. They do have a laundry room (coin-op machines) which could be handy if you've been on the road awhile. The breakfast was nice, with lots of choices. My one gripe was that I was in a 2nd floor room right above the main entrance to the hotel. This entrance consists of an entryway with typical sliding doors on the outside and inside. When I was sitting at the desk in my room, every time those doors opened or closed, you could feel (and faintly hear) the rumble. This didn't disrupt my sleep and otherwise the place seemed fairly quiet, about average in that department. Two last minor gripes: the hallways, etc. didn't seem to have much if any air conditioning. And the elevator was extremely slow, and shuddered when it stopped at the third floor. But in general, it was a nice place to spend the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City, Nevada. We are conveniently located off scenic North Carson Street (Business 395) on the north end of Carson City across from the Green Golf Course near the Nevada Capitol Building, casino gaming and restaurants. This beautiful hotel is only 30 miles from Reno Tahoe International Airport and all Reno attractions, 30 miles from Lake Tahoe and 17 miles from Virginia City. Special in-room amenities are: free wireless high-speed Internet, 27' TVs with HBO and Pay-Per-View, microwave & refrigerator, 2 line phones with free local calls, work space, hair dryer and free parking. Luxurious granite appointments including bathroom surrounds, counter surfaces along with granite vanity tops were installed for a touch of class. We have 20 suites and a Honeymoon Suite, which come with a wet bar, separate living area, sofa bed, activity table and 2 chairs. Take a dip in our heated year around indoor swimming pool and spa . Other amenities include a fitness room, guest laundry and meeting facilities. Wired and wireless Internet is available in the lobby and in all rooms, pool and breakfast area.Visit Carson City, NV and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites.There is a computer with Internet access in the lobby for guest use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carson City
- Holiday Inn Carson City
- Carson City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Carson City