“Not bad, pretty decor”

Micasa Too
Ranked #85 of 188 Restaurants in Carson City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We used to go to the location in Reno all the time like 15 years ago. So on a drive through Carson we decided to stop in here. It was pretty much empty at 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The decor is nice, the waiter (and seemingly only employee) was friendly.

The chips and salsa were excellent.

We both ordered burritos, which were the same large portions you might expect anywhere although they are probably around 30 percent (or more) more costly than similar restaurants in Reno, Sparks, Carson area. The rice was blandish but the beans were good. Everything inside the burritos was good, but I must say that I'm very fussy about my enchilada sauce (which is poured over the burrito) and was disappointed it wasn't the same wonderful orangey sauce they had years ago. If it had been, I'd have rated it better, but I find the dark red sauce really ordinary and I tend to avoid restaurants that serve that because I can make that kind just as well at home. If the dark red kind is your favorite, you'll like it, but my feeling is the orange kind is the tastiest and nothing else will do.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband and I visit Mi Casa Too every couple of months when we're in the mood for carnitas. Mi Casa Too has the best carnitas of any mexican restaurant we've ever visited! We like to head into the bar and order a pitcher of their delicious margaritas and then order our carnitas to eat while watching the big screen tv, or take our food and drink to the secluded patio adjoining the bar. Service is very good.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I would not recommend Mi Casa Too, to anyone. The food is mediocre at best, just bland in taste. I had the enchilada/taco combo plate. My enchilada was cool in the center and tasteless. The taco was okay. Service was the only bright spot.
Don't eat at Mi Casa Too.

2  Thank RSkier05
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Tasty margaritas. The food was so-so. The service was good. The fajitas were pretty good, but the carne asada was very dry. The enchilada sauce was very strong and there's no kid's menu.

1  Thank teachkindy
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The atmosphere is somewhat nice and festive, but nothing authentic about this place - everything smothered in cheese - never a good sign to me.

2  Thank RonLeiken