“Consistently clean rooms and friendly staff”

The Plaza Hotel Carson City
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We have frequently stayed here since 2000. Always a good walk-in rate, clean rooms and flexible staff, eager to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Only downside, last July we partook of the continental breakfast and it could use some upgrading, but the waffle machine is nice. We were a little put off by the breakfast attendant who was a little too hyper for so early and turned off the CNN that is always playing and cranked up and sang to music instead. In some of the two queen rooms on the 3rd floor it is time to replace the beds.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Plaza Hotel Carson City

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Last time we stayed it was not a Friday so the rate made it a bargain. The weekend rate is higher so it respresents a reasonable value for a basic city motel. It's an easy walk to downtown which is well worth a stroll. Excellent Brewpub in the centre. The breakfast set up really could do with a little more choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

They have a lot of room here, I rented several different rooms over the last few months and have had a very good experience with all of them. The checkin was fast and efficient. Very good for large groups or gatherings. Its not a casino hotel so you can rest a lot better!!

Room Tip: Top floor as usual
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Magazinedude
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I'm not quite sure why it's getting so many bad reviews? It's no Hampton, but I still thought it was very nice!!! It was in a good location, the rooms were clean, it was affordable, and the staff was SUPER SUPER NICE! I'll definatly be back! :)

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Summerbrieze
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Booked this hotel one day in advance for pleasant $80 a night. Hotel is very outdated, the rooms are very dark and in awful colors. The breakfast was nothing to have high expectation about, typical american motel breakfast with sugary cereal, waffles and NO fruit. Room was clean and the beds were totally OK. For the price is reasonable. Very good service at check-in and check out, fast and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay here at the Plaza Hotel & Event Center. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay. I will be sharing your compliments with our front desk staff. Coming soon you will see some positive changes to our rooms as we are in the process of updating them.

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We hope to see you again.

Julie Conley

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed there because we were directed from the Best Western across the street. This was not an inexpensive hotel but it was not a Best Western by any standard. Totally worn out and dated. The WiFi did not work and the toilet did not flush. The room had a musty smell, the furniture was filthy, and the curtains shabby. I would not stay there again EVER!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Su S
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I have shared your comments with the appropriate staff and owners. We have gotten the internet back up and running and I sincerely apologize that this inconvenienced your stay. I am also happy to say we are in the process of updating our rooms.

Again, I want to thank you for commenting on your stay with us. It is my hope that you will visit us again. If I can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to call me at 775-883-9500.

Julie Conley

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Nothing extraordinary about this midtown motel (it's more a motel than a hotel). Front desk folks are very friendly. Rooms are clean and the linens are very good. As noted in earlier reviews, the beds are a little hard but I didn't mind them. It's nice the room had a microwave and fridge though I didn't use them. I also like the fact the rooms face an enclosed hallway and not outdoors...especially important in extreme heat or cold. The host at breakfast was very friendly and helpful but I wish they'd have local news on and not the dreadful drone of Fox News. For $50 or so a night, it's one of Carson's better deals.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business