The Plaza Hotel Carson City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pioneer Motel(Carson City)
View Hotel
Desert Hills Motel(Carson City)
Carson Nugget(Carson City)
View Hotel
Carson Tahoe Hotel(Carson City)
View Hotel
Hardman House Hotel(Carson City)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Carson City(Carson City)
View Hotel
All reviewsenglish muffinscontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsoatmealfit the billhotel is locatedan older hotela great place to stayrenomaintenancehighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The hotel is really more of a motel, but I have attended meetings there the last couple of years and we got a good room rate. The place is old and seedy, but the price is low and the front desk clerk was very helpful. I forgot my cell phone charger and he went out of his way to search through three boxes of those that had been left behind and then when one for my phone was not found, loaned me his for the evening. I also forgot a book to read and took advantage of the huge library of books in the hallway. There was a man in the breakfast room cooking waffles, which were delicious. I highly recommend those for breakfast. The worst part of the room was the old fashioned small TV.

Room Tip: I asked for a first floor room, which was quite convenient to the meeting rooms across the back alley.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
General M, Manager at The Plaza Hotel Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. Just wanted to let you know that we have been upgrading our rooms and have installed new flat screens. Guests input is one of the best tools we have and use for improving our Facility. The Staff and Management at the Carson City Plaza Hotel "appreciate you"!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

The pleasantness of the staff did not make up for the holes in the sheets and the general grubbiness of the room. Location was fine; breakfast nothing to be impressed with. Price was good but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Buildings are old with paper thin walls and creaky,noisy floors. Building 3 is for long term renters and people slam doors throughout the night and it sounds like a herd of cattle is going by your room from the walkway on the 2nd floor....and you can hear noises you don't want to hear from the people in the next room. GROSS. No better in building 2, I could hear footsteps of person upstairs even with ear plugs in..........awful noise. They say they are pet friendly but charge an outrageous $15 more per pet per night. Talk about discriminating against pets! My dogs are cleaner than most people. They don't have to do any more cleaning in the room than for a room with no pets. For that extra pet fee- do they groom my dogs, or walk them, or feed them?? I stayed here while looking for a rental nearby...........won't ever come back, stayed as it is too stressful on my dogs to keep changing motels/hotels. It is getting almost impossible to find a decent hotel that is quiet and allows dogs without feeling completely robbed. For those without pets and who are heavy sleepers....this would be fine to stay, rooms are clean, but unless you can sleep through a lot of noise, don't bother staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lucy M
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This hotel is in good location. The rooms are small but comfortable with two beds, microwave, and compact refrigerator. The staff is very friendly. To bad they don't have a swimming pool or jacuzzi. I believe I paid $45/night. Not bad for a family of 5. I would definitely would come back to this place again.. I had a good time with my family.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I chose this hotel since I was on a budget. I wanted to spend more with my children on the snow activities instead on an expensive stay. For the price I paid, I didn't expect so much. The mini fridge and microwave were really nice. Clean beds, nice reception; I am really satisfied. Only bad thing.........the breakfast attendant. He really made us feel "unwelcome". He was the one who made us waffles and I felt like I had to wait for him to come out of the kitchen to ask for the waffle (even though he saw me waiting outside the kitchen!!) Then when he did come out, he just walked past me. **This is when I have three kids under the age of ten waiting for waffles.** I had to call him to make the waffles, and he did so with a huff and a sigh. Really irritated me. I also thought the sign up on the wall was unnecessary. Maybe it's just me but a sign that says, "This isn't an all-you-can-eat buffet.........please just take one helping," isn't something that says "Enjoy your breakfast!!" I don't like wasting food either, but when I am on vacation, I don't want to feel like someone is looking over my shoulder when I go for a second helping of cereal. The breakfast itself could use an upgrade (it didn't even have toast) and the breakfast attendant needs to be a little more helpful with a smile.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family