“Worth Stopping In Carson City To Eat Here”
Review of The Basil

The Basil
Ranked #1 of 188 Restaurants in Carson City
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Thai Cuisine in a dining room setting our service staff is here to aid assist your dining pleasure. We offer the freshest food prepared by our wonderful Chef Nan who puts love and attention into every dish.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I planned my stops on a road trip to and from Arizona and Oregon so I could eat twice at Basil. I love this place, the ambiance and the wonderful food. I try something different each time and have yet to be disappointed. On my most recent trip I had the chicken pad thai and it was the best I have ever had by far anywhere. Service is excellent! Will no doubt return once again on a future trip. Please relocate to Southern AZ so I can dine more often!

2  Thank golferbear

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Wow! We're visiting from the Washington, DC area and tried Basil based on reviews here. SO glad we did! Wonderful flavors and a wide variety of options. The duck arrived in s beautiful serving dish, and the topless seafood was perhaps the best single Thai meal I've had. Highly recommend!

1  Thank novamom_10
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This restaurant has been here for a few years and it is always great. For Lunch or Dinner.
I take visitors here and they love it.

1  Thank Haileyellis
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Basil is an excellent Thai restaurant more elegant than average service, a tasty menu, quick service, and a reasonable price. We will always eat there again when in Carson City. We eat a lot of Thai food and this ranks near the top. A surprise in a "cowboy" town.

1  Thank OmarKhayyam
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had it not been for the reviews in Trip Advisor we might have missed this fantastic restaurant. Service was fantastic and the owner/chef visited every table. She relocated from Thailand and having visited there twice my wife and felt that we were back. The restaurant was loaded with regulars who are lucky to have this resturant in their town. I'm not sure if or when we will be back in the Reno area but if we find ourself within a couple hundred miles this restaurant would make another visit to Carson City worthwhile all by itself.