Motel 6 Carson City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Courtyard Carson City(Carson City)
View Hotel
Desert Hills Motel(Carson City)
Pioneer Motel(Carson City)
Carson Nugget(Carson City)
View Hotel
Carson Tahoe Hotel(Carson City)
View Hotel
All reviewsmicro fridgesave some moneyroom servicevery nice stayfree internetrooms were very cleannight stayeasy accessparking lotflooringvinylnoisegrandmaantsficarsonheater
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

For a little over $50 what do you expect?
The room was small but updated.Fridge,microwave and a clean outdoor pool were all there.The only major complaint was they did not provide shampoo and conditioner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Yosemitesteve
Sedonna R, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Yosemite Steve,
Glad to hear you were happy with the microwave and refridgerator in the room. Motel 6 does not provide Shampoo in our rooms, however we do offer it in our vending machines. Hope to see you again if you travel in this area again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I hadn't stayed in a Motel 6 for years, but based on the reviews here I decided to try this one. First room they gave me wasn't actually ready. Went back to the office and they put me in the room next to it. It was not very clean, namely the floor didn't appear to have been swept, let alone otherwise cleaned (room had vinyl flooring). Also, the various horizontal surfaces were dirty, but I had some wet wipes so just wiped them down. But then I realized the room had ants in it, and a very noisy AC unit...it sounded like a metal plate inside was rattling around. I called the office and asked if they could do anything about the ants other than spraying smelly insecticide. No luck there, so I was moved to another room. At least the AC was relatively quiet and there were no ants, but it still wasn't very clean so I put my wipes to use again. At least it was quiet (I ended up in a room facing the parking lot, not the road). I had taken a cue from an earlier reviewer and asked for the "non-smoking building" as I can't stand second-hand smoke. While apparently all the rooms in that building are marked as no smoking, I didn't see any signs outside asking smokers to steer clear. Fortunately, however, I didn't notice anybody smoking nearby, at least not anywhere near my doorway. The wifi did work well, and the fridge was handy. I never got around to trying the TV. And of course the room was quite plain, but that's always been true of Motel 6. I'm rating it average relative to my expectations of a Motel 6.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, request the "non-smoking building"
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Candace,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write about your stay. We apologize for the inconvience that you experienced during your stay. We hope if you are ever back in Carson City you will give us another chance. We take your comments very serious and be assured we will look into everything you stated.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We always prefer inexpensive, utilitarian rooms when we travel, but this was almost too spartan. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, the air conditioner worked, there was a microwave and a very nice refrigerator which even had a freezer, and the free wifi worked well.

But on the negative side, the room was so small as to be almost cramped. There was no coffe and not even a box of tissues. No breakfast, one small table, a tiny bathroom and the little corner shower was almost too small to turn around in without touching the walls or curtain.

As another small complaint, we had reserved a room with a queen bed but got a double bed. I asked the clerk for a queen bed as shown on our printed reservation, but was told the room assignment had come from national and he was not allowed to change it.

All in all, the room was usable, but we regretted not having gone to the America's Best Value motel right next door and advertising the same price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sedonna R, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Ivan H,
Sorry to hear about your stay not being what you wanted. If you were in a room with one bed, they are all Queen size, if you were in a two bedded room they are all full size. Motel 6 does not provide coffee makers in the room or kleenex. We do serve Coffee in the lobby every morning.
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know of your stay. I cannot make our rooms bigger but there are a lot of Motel 6's that have larger rooms, so we hope you try another Motel 6 in your journey.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

After our second visit to this Motel 6, Sedonna took the time to contact me about our issues with the room smelling of smoke. As she suggested, we requested a room for our third visit in the non-smoking building, rather than just a non-smoking room. As usual, our stay was pleasant, quiet, and now, fresh-smelling! Additionally, the area available for walking our dogs was nicer on this new-building side of the property. We come to Carson City a couple of times a year for events with our dogs, and these rooms with microwave and fridge included are perfect for us. Add in customer service that goes the extra mile as Sedonna did, and we guarantee we'll stay at this Motel 6 next time we're in Carson City.

Room Tip: If you're concerned about stale smoke smell, request a room in the new non-smoking building.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynne A
Sedonna R, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Lynne A.
Thank you so much for giving us a second try. We are so delighted we were able to provide the accommodations this time that made your stay a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel through Carson City. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very pleasant experience with this Motel 6. We'd about sworn off Motel 6, however we needed a pet friendly room this trip and did not want to pay an arm and leg, plus the reviews here were mostly positive. The room presented as clean and pleasing in appearance. Carmen was very cordial and helpful. If there be a down side it would be the exterior approach to the rooms. They need some cleanup and give an urban atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again if the situation arises.

Room Tip: Upstairs are above ground level noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sedonna R, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Cord149,
So glad you gave Motel 6 another chance. We are very happy your stay was a positive one. We hope to see you back again. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write about your stay with us.
Sedonna Reith