“Tunnel Tour was great fun!”
Review of Cal-Neva Resort Spa & Casino - CLOSED

Cal-Neva Resort Spa & Casino
Reviewed 15 April 2013

A business acquaintance had recommended the Tunnel Tour at the CalNeva Hotel/Resort. What fun! Tour was $10 per person and worth more! Guide had wonderful stories about Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe and various gangsters. The hubby and I were laughing out loud. The conspiracy stories were intriguing and kept us totally engaged. I had so much fun, I would do it again!

There are newer reviews for Cal-Neva Resort Spa & Casino

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Took a road trip from South Lake Tahoe to Crystal Bay to visit Cal-Neva and have lunch. If you are a history buff you won't be disappointed. The food served in the bar was tasty and plentiful. We thoroughly enjoyed looking at the beautiful carvings, light fixtures, and the demarcations of the state boundary which runs through the hotel. The pictures of the Hollywood types were amazing. I felt like I was in a museum.

1  Thank Bajalolo
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay here. We bought the special that included a top floors room and $20 towards breakfast. The view was stunning. The breakfast excellent. The casino is gone which makes the hotel that much nicer.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

The tour of this resort, formerly owned by Frank Sinatra, is not to be missed. The guide had many stories about gangsters, Kennedys, movie stars as she took us for a look at the underground tunnels and pointed out who stayed in what cabin. Lots of fun!

1  Thank egails
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I had to stay at the place because my original Hotel was oversold. Honestly a depressing place. Very run down. Old furniture. Worn out fixtures. Stains all over the furniture. I will admit that it was somewhat clean and the views are tremendous. Stayed in a suite on the main floor and the sunrise and sunset was stunning!

1  Thank Kevin C