“Oasis”

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Oasis”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Have stayed at this Marriott two times in Elko on business. As other reviewers have said, the hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable. Service is excellent! When the hotel's (externally managed) laundry service failed to deliver on time, the front desk arranged to have the laundry delivered to my office before I left town, saving the day for me. I really appreciated that. Breakfast is merely ok, like at most chain hotels. But full kitchens in the rooms enable one to do better if desired. No restaurant or bar on premises. Location is slightly remote from central Elko, but there isn't much "downtown" to see anyway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TPS Elko G M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Elko, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
raherold:

We are very happy that we were able to get your laundry to you before you flew out. Thank you for the kind review. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Until then,

Matt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoy Marriott products and TownPlace is fast becoming our favorite spot when traveling cross country. There is just enough kitchen to make it very convenient and comfortable and the room arrangement with couch and TV really works well. Complementary breakfast is OK -- enjoyed the oatmeal very much.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cremanttraveler:

Hello from TownePlace Suites, Elko! We are so very happy that you are finding your second home while traveling here at TPS! Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and also for your loyalty, both to Marriott and TPS.

We look forward to your next visit.

Halfway, OR
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I love this hotel. It is wonderful in every way. The big BUT is because the price was so ridiculously high compared to comparable hotels in the Marriott chain in other cities. I was able to use my points and stay free so that was great. I understand that the high price is entirely driven by supply and demand. The demand for excellent accommodations in Elko is very high and the supply is very low. Kudos to Marriott for honoring my free points when they could have done some sort of blackout for this hotel. If I have points I will stay there again. If not, I will look to Trip Advisor to find a decent, more reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
TPS Elko G M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Elko, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
PatHalfway_OR:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and we appreciate the "wonderful" comment!

As you mentioned, Elko is unique compared to a number of other locations in that we have a high demand in a tight market. We are fortunate here at the TownePlace Suites to have a quality product that allows us to meet that demand, though the traveling public is often caught by surprise, considering our somewhat remote location.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for your Marriott Rewards status. We hope to see you again soon.

Draper, UT
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was a wonderful place to stay after a very long day. The hotel is new, so it's in immaculate condition and is exceptionally clean. The room was very nice, the bed super comfy and I slept like a rock. The staff was very friendly and accommodating as well. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
TPS Elko G M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Elko, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
jlabrie:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to write this review.

We are happy that you were able to sleep so soundly. I will pass your comments along to our Housekeeping and Maintenace staffs, as they work hard to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and I know that they appreciate hearing feedback from the guests.

Thank you also for your loyalty to Marriott and your Marriott Rewards status.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Elko.

Matt McCarty
Hainesville, Illinois
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This place is fantastic. Huge room with full kitchen. Firm bed. TV that works. Breakfast downstairs is minimal, but adequate. Very clean. Only issue is that ground floor rooms have giant halogens shining in towards the building and the drapes don't close all of the way.

Room Tip: DO NOT get a ground floor. You'll have lights shining into your room all night.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
jonnyGURU:

Thank you for visiting us and for reviewing our property.

I am happy that you found the room to be comfortable, though I apologize that you did not get as restful a night of sleep as we would have liked. I appreciate you bringing the lighting issue to our attention. We will look into that matter today and determine if we can adjust those outside lights. We will also try to determine why the curtains did not close all of the way.

On your next visit, please let the Desk Clerk know that you would prefer to be above the first floor and I have no doubt that they will do their best to accommodate that request. If you have any concerns, please ask for me directly.

Once again, thank you for your visit with us and safe travels!

Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Made an emergency trip to Elko and we were exhausted! They let us check in early to get a short nap before having to spend the day at the regional hospital. 4th floor extremely quiet, beautiful suite, every amenity. Helpful, friendly staff and very clean. Best bed in all of Elko. I could move in here permanently.

Stayed March 2014
TPS Elko G M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Elko, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Jill:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. You are welcome to move in whenever you would like; we would love to host you again!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Just completed a cross country trip through Wyoming. Turns out this hotel is in a Gold Mining town. Plenty to do there, and the hotel is in a nice location. The Hotel was very pleasant and clean. I only give it 4 stars because the breakfast is pretty weak. Not hot and just packaged muffins etc. Lots of suite hotels offer breakfast and even an evening meal.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
TPS Elko G M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Elko, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
outdoor75xs:

We are happy that you made it back home safely. We are also happy that you were able to explore Elko, Nevada while you were here.

We realize that our breakfast is not what others may offer. Being as TownePlace Suites are custom built as long-term stay hotels, our breakfast is intended as a supplement to the full kitchens in each of our suites. Please call me at the hotel at 775-738-9900 prior to your next visit and I will provide you with some other options.