Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night as we passed through on a road trip to Colorado. I was very disappointed when we checked in to see a sign saying their pool was closed for the day due to maintenance issues. I always choose hotels with pools so we can get some exercise after sitting in the car all day. When I expressed my disappointment about that the desk clerk let me know that we would be allowed to use the pool at their sister property which was less than a block away. Not exactly convenient, but I was happy they had a back up plan.
Our room was huge and very clean. It included a table with 2 chairs, dresser, flat screen tv (we didn't use it), 2 queen beds and a desk. The beds were very comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. We didn't notice any noise from neighbors or outside and judging by the parking lot the place was pretty full. The bathroom and shower were big, clean and bright. Lots of hot water and no issues at all. Our room had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker but we didn't use any of those.
The lobby is a small casino with slots, a lounge, and a restaurant. Being nonsmokers, it's hard to enjoy being indoors in a place like that, but it was tolerable enough to walk through. The restaurant didn't seem to have smoking and the food was good enough. Not bad, not great, priced a bit high for the quality.
If you choose to stay here, reserve through the Americas best value website and sign up for their free reward or discount program and you will save 15% on your stay. This makes it a complete no-brainer to choose this hotel for a short stay in elko. Hell, I would even choose it if I were staying a week... however I couldn't imagine why I would stay in Elko that long, but that's just me.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for choosing us for your overnight stay in Elko! I apologize that our pool was unavailable for your use during your stay but happy to hear our staff informed you of our sister property. Thank you for the recommendation and for the review! We look forward to seeing you again and hope you will have a chance to utilize our outdoor pool!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Cut to the chase dude: $73 plus tax if a member of the best value club. Across the street from the venerable Red Lion. Large multi building hotel, outdoor pool, would be nice if they mentioned your room key won't open the locked door to it. You reach thru gate and open it from the inside. Two queen bed room was largest I've been in and nicely furnished, thank you gamblers! Walking distance to Elko's finest fast food and Albertsons. Holiday inn exp. and Hilton Garden inn are farther up the road, maybe too far for families to walk. Didn't gamble or go into bar so can't comment on that. Free Wifi was O.K. in afternoon but hard to connect at night

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay and for choosing us for your stop in Elko! I do apologize that our staff forgot to tell you about the pool gate; it was an oversight on our part. We appreciate your input as it helps us offer better service to all our guests! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your room and hope you will chose us again the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

As several other reviews noted, the lobby was smokey but otherwise clean (keep in mind that the lobby is also a casino with several slot machines). The folks at the front desk were both friendly and efficient. The non-smoking room we had (in building D) was very clean and modern. We felt it was well worth what they were charging. The place had easy access to I-80 and to many restaurants in the area. The AC worked well, albeit noisily. The cold room was a blessing on this 100 + degree day. The bed was comfortable. A downside to our second floor room was the lack of elevator - but it was quiet...(no stomping above us :). The outside could use some sprucing up - and that along with clean air in the lobby would earn it 5 stars.
We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BnL31310

Thank you for posting a review! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and I'm so very happy to hear your A/C was working, especially while we were experiencing high temps here in Elko!

Thank you for choosing us for your stay and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff couldn't be any better. They were very friendly and bent over backwards to make my family and I welcome. The room was larger than most and spotless The beds were very comfortable and everything in the room worked. There were also real coffee cups and "glass" glasses in the room. The room had a power strip for extra plugs at the desk so I could charge my laptop, tablet and phone. We arrived early and the desk clerk made sure that my daughter could use the pool until my room was ready. The beds were great and we had a great nights sleep. I have been on a vacation for the past three weeks and this is the best hotel I have stayed in. It was also one of the lowest prices I have paid. They don't serve breakfast, however, there are plenty of fast food places in the area as well as a great buffet across the street.

Room Tip: Join the ABV rewards program and get a great deal directly from their website. We stayed away from...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Wow, thank you for posting such a wonderful review! I'm very happy you had a great experience during your stay. We strive to provide the best for our guests and it looks like we succeeded!

We do have a restaurant on property, JR's Bar & Grill which offers breakfast daily starting at 5am. I hope you get a chance to stay with us again and maybe give it a try!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Well, if you are looking for a bargain motel (and casino), this is the place in Elko. Typical check in was handled well by the staff. They gave us coupons to use in the restaurant, casino and the casino across the street. The 2 queen room was very spacious, comfortable beds, 2 separate sinks, good A/C etc. The major fault I could find with the 150+ unit motel is it is a little dated. The carpet in our room could use a good shampooing or just replace the carpet and have it done with. We stayed one night and if we go back to Elko, we may stay there again.

Room Tip: There are 5 separate units in the hotel. A-E. Ask for the newest one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Your input in much appreciated! Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. I'm hoping for new carpet but in the meantime, steam cleaning is in the works. I hope you will choose us again the next time you're in town, we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here one night on a road trip booked through hotwire. This was brand new updated room, sink, bathroom, comfy bed. Had a microwave and fridge. I did have to ask for a smoke free room-this is a casino. They gave coupons for the breakfast and beer, tokens for the casino. Front desk friendly even called to be sure everything ok.
Table with two comfy chairs, tons of room. There is no cell coverage in the town. Print out your directions before you come don't rely on your phone gps. Shower was a 7 out of 10.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for the post! I'm happy we were able to get you into a nonsmoking room! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights visiting my son who lives in Elko. The room was directly across from the Casino nevertheless it was very quiet and comfortable. The room was spotless except for the carpet which really needed steam cleaning. All the appliances worked and the furniture is real, not the plastic stuff seen so often in hotels. I own several pieces which match those found in the room and I immediately wanted them.
The bed was comfortable and came with plenty of pillows. The air conditioner kept me cool which is hard to do since I suffered with hot flashes for the past 12 years.
The restaurant is good. The only quibble is having to walk through a smoke filled casino to reach it. If you don't like grilled garlic with steak, ask that it be withheld. Service is good, prompt, and friendly.
All in all, I recommend this place and will be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon B
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit with your son and for posting a review! We've had some high temps here in Elko so I'm very glad to hear the A/C kept you cool! I'm happy we will be seeing you again and of course we will be addressing the carpet issue with our housekeeping staff! See you next time!