“Not Terrible, Not Great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn and Suites

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Billings, Montana
“Not Terrible, Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

This facility is getting a little worn. Furniture was scratched and worn. Paint on the walls was scratched and marred. The room we were in was a king room, but was small. When someone sat at the desk, another person could not get by between the chair and bed. The bathroom had a wall-mounted basin -- no countertop or even a small shelf for toiletries, etc. We tried setting things on the toilet back, but the lid was sloped and things would promptly slide off. The hand-held shower head inadvertently got knocked on the floor while it was on. We cleaned up the water with an already-used towel and it soon became clear the floor had not been mopped in some time. Don't they mop he floor after each guest? The one positive thing we would say is that the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Staff was very good - wife had hurt knee in Wyoming - they had us booked in a second floor room - only stairs - they found us a first floor room (two beds) at same rate as a king. Clean room nice breakfast area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelsbyrail
Minot, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed here 2 days ago and it wasn't anything special. We were traveling with a dog and two small children. Although they let pets stay for a fee, that's about as pet friendly as it gets. There are rocks all around the building so nowhere for you to take your pet to use the bathroom. Parking is a nightmare if you're traveling with any kind of trailer. We ended up parking in a gravel lot between the Hilton and Quality Inn. The room stunk something awful. Fortunately you got used to it after you were in there for a few minutes. My family is PCS'ing across the country and I did end up losing $80 to this hotel. In one of my sleepless nights of packing, I booked online on the Choice Hotels websites. I called to see if there was anyway possible that I could change my reservation since I'd be staying there either way. The girl I talked to was completely rude and extremely unhelpful. I know my five days aren't going to make or break the company, but I've stayed Best Western the past few days and it's been amazing. Pretty disappointed. Oh, and there isn't an elevator since if something happened service would "take about 4 hours to get there". Not fun when you have two small children, luggage, and a dog.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thetinkles

Travellers are raving about these Elko hotels

Reno, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I just spent the night at the Quality Inn in Elko, NV. I booked it through Priceline.com and they assigned me a Queen room that was supposedly Pet-friendly. These are the problems I had:
1. The queen room was so small you could hardly walk around the bed, and though it was smoke-free room it smelled of cigarette smoke. I asked for another room and they switched me to a King Room that was about twice as big, but still the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in.
2. They claim to be pet-friendly but there is no grass anywhere around the hotel--only rocks. I had to drive a few blocks to the Red Lion Inn, which had lots of grass.
3. I learned that if I had booked directly through the hotel instead of through Priceline.com I would have saved $10.
4. The bed was as hard as rocks and the pillows went flat as soon as you put your head on them.
5. The toilet paper was so thin you needed 10 feet to do the job.
6. The facial tissues were as scratchy as crepe paper.
I stayed at the Red Lion the last time I was in Elko last month, which is also pet-friendly, and it was much much nicer for the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for a King room, not a Queen. Their Queen rooms are for midgets.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

The hotel looks new from the outside, but it is quite old with furniture to match. The curtain rod was broken and the office chair had a hydraulic leak, which made it sink after a few minutes. Other than the coffee pot and hard water stains in the tub, the room was clean. The room is dark and needs better lighting. Physically, the hotel is OK, but the staff was great. Everyone was willing to whatever they could to make my stay more comfortable. Internet - great. Bed - great. Shower - great. The chair and window seat had stained upholstery. All in all, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Twin Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

After driving for many hours, we came upon Elko and were looking for reasonably priced hotel room for the family. We checked around and found this hotel. We didn't expect much but were very happy with everything they had to offer. Room was clean and comfortable. I got a very much needed night of sleep as the beds were nice and firm. Breakfast was loaded with options and the kids enjoyed it very much. Staff was excellent, didn't hesitate to help with anything. Very nice and affordable place if your traveling with family. Don't miss this.place when your on a trip that goes thru Elko.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs facing away from street.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nathan J
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

We got a king suite for a great price. The hotel seems brand new and the staff is great.

The hotel is on Business I 80...with lots of restaurants and casinos located nearby.

Great place for an overnight stay. Would stop here again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple