“Best place to stay!!”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed at this place before with my kids and this time I stayed my parents. We had to have room downstairs and they didn't have any rooms downstairs but manager made some arrangements and got us room downstairs!!! We had room with 2 beds. Room was clean and bed were very comfortable. All the staff was GREAT!! They made us feel like home away from home. Breakfast was plus. My mom was really happy that they had sugar free syrup for waffles:). I would always stay here whenever I go thru Elko.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amorris0479
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn and Suites

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I am here with other co-workers and we are staying in Elko for a month. The manager and wife are very friendly. They are genuine and helpful with most everything as long as they are here.
Rooms are large, at least ours are. They are equipped with refrigerator, microwave and coffee makers. The housekeepers are very good. They are efficient and really work quickly. The do those little small things that make a big difference.

They need a local newspaper stand because there is no walking distance to go get a paper. Their breakfast consists of Sausage links, hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, juice, fresh fruit and waffles. It would be nice to have scrambled eggs, but at least you have sausage and waffles for a hot breakfast.

The problem is mostly with the swing shift girl that comes on at 3 pm. She is rude and she is a fire starter. She is constantly gossiping, telling other people stories that are untrue.For instance: The manager told me it was okay to do laundry in their laundry facility that is only used for the hotel staff because their one washer is broke down. They didn't charge me to use their machine. I thought "Wow, this was awesome." The very next morning, a co-worker tells me that the swing shift girl said that they were not a laundry mat and that the manager was mad because I did one load of clothes in their laundry room. The manager also told me it was okay to make copies of some papers I need to fax to my corporate office. The girl on swing shift complained to me that I was using up her paper too much, (6 copies and faxed twice a week). Management backs up their staff no matter what and I have complained about her lack of professionalism, they have not corrected her at all. She loves to gossip with anyone who will listen. If it weren't for this, I may have rated this hotel higher.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This wasn't the cheapest room I saw listed, but I waited a bit long to book and since I have a dog, I was limited. That said, I'm not disappointed. The room is clean, I checked in with my dog easily and the desk staff was very friendly. The room IS small (queen room) as another reviewer indicated, but I'm here for one night, just passing through Elko (as I'm sure most are, frankly), what do I need? The room is perfectly fine for 2 people. Bathroom is clean, AC is cranking (it's hot outside!), there is a mini fridge/freezer to chill my road trip food and I have free wifi. To the reviewer who complained about nowhere to walk the dog, there is a dirt/sand patch behind the hotel, which I found within a minute, and the hotel next door has lovely bright green patches of grass...if that is what your particular dog needs for...inspiration. mine is fine with rocks and dirt.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank loopynoodle
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This facility is getting a little worn. Furniture was scratched and worn. Paint on the walls was scratched and marred. The room we were in was a king room, but was small. When someone sat at the desk, another person could not get by between the chair and bed. The bathroom had a wall-mounted basin -- no countertop or even a small shelf for toiletries, etc. We tried setting things on the toilet back, but the lid was sloped and things would promptly slide off. The hand-held shower head inadvertently got knocked on the floor while it was on. We cleaned up the water with an already-used towel and it soon became clear the floor had not been mopped in some time. Don't they mop he floor after each guest? The one positive thing we would say is that the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Staff was very good - wife had hurt knee in Wyoming - they had us booked in a second floor room - only stairs - they found us a first floor room (two beds) at same rate as a king. Clean room nice breakfast area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelsbyrail
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed here 2 days ago and it wasn't anything special. We were traveling with a dog and two small children. Although they let pets stay for a fee, that's about as pet friendly as it gets. There are rocks all around the building so nowhere for you to take your pet to use the bathroom. Parking is a nightmare if you're traveling with any kind of trailer. We ended up parking in a gravel lot between the Hilton and Quality Inn. The room stunk something awful. Fortunately you got used to it after you were in there for a few minutes. My family is PCS'ing across the country and I did end up losing $80 to this hotel. In one of my sleepless nights of packing, I booked online on the Choice Hotels websites. I called to see if there was anyway possible that I could change my reservation since I'd be staying there either way. The girl I talked to was completely rude and extremely unhelpful. I know my five days aren't going to make or break the company, but I've stayed Best Western the past few days and it's been amazing. Pretty disappointed. Oh, and there isn't an elevator since if something happened service would "take about 4 hours to get there". Not fun when you have two small children, luggage, and a dog.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank thetinkles
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I just spent the night at the Quality Inn in Elko, NV. I booked it through Priceline.com and they assigned me a Queen room that was supposedly Pet-friendly. These are the problems I had:
1. The queen room was so small you could hardly walk around the bed, and though it was smoke-free room it smelled of cigarette smoke. I asked for another room and they switched me to a King Room that was about twice as big, but still the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in.
2. They claim to be pet-friendly but there is no grass anywhere around the hotel--only rocks. I had to drive a few blocks to the Red Lion Inn, which had lots of grass.
3. I learned that if I had booked directly through the hotel instead of through Priceline.com I would have saved $10.
4. The bed was as hard as rocks and the pillows went flat as soon as you put your head on them.
5. The toilet paper was so thin you needed 10 feet to do the job.
6. The facial tissues were as scratchy as crepe paper.
I stayed at the Red Lion the last time I was in Elko last month, which is also pet-friendly, and it was much much nicer for the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for a King room, not a Queen. Their Queen rooms are for midgets.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family