“Good comparative value”

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Langley, Washington
“Good comparative value”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We were attending the National Cowboy Poetry (Music and many informative lectures also) for about the 12th time. This was our first stay at this Travelodge. I wish that I had tried it out the 2nd time we came as it is nicer and represents a much better value than where we stayed 10 of the other 11 visits. The light breakfast ordered was fine. The hotel and rooms were bright and clean.The mattress was way to firm for my taste, but this is an individual matter. Parking is convenient. We like that it is an easy walk to the Convention Center. We will stay here again next year. Staff was just OK.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Harvey6f
923_Spokane, Manager at Elko NV Travelodge, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Harvey 6f,

Thank you for taking the time give us your valuable feedback about our property and staff. Cowboy Poetry is a great time to be in Elko for a number of reasons. I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and I am thrilled to hear that you will be back again in 2013! As I am sure you saw this late trip, we are making many great improvements to the Travelodge, from the lobby to the guest rooms. I am sorry to hear that your bed was too firm, however we are in the process of upgrading all of our beds, so I am sure you’ll enjoy your rest more on the next trip.

Thank you for staying with us at the Travelodge in Elko, Nevada. Hope to see you soon
Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Typical budget motel, no frills but reasonably clean. They have a lot of contractors currently staying there and they start banging the doors and stomping up and down the halls about 3:30a.m. My biggest frustration is that they claim to be pet friendly, but charge $10 per night PER PET, that's absurd if you have more than one pet! Many hotels charge a one-time pet fee ($10 or so) for the so-called extra cleaning they do. We always bring a sheet to cover the bed and pick up after our dogs outside, so the pet fee really becomes pure profit. On our return trip we drove a few extra miles and stayed at the truly pet-friendly, clean and quiet Motel6 in Wells, NV, which is where we will plan to stay on future trips.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Emmy I
Agilityk9s,

Thank you for your comment about your stay with us. I want to apologies for your unexpected 3:30AM walk-up. We try to keep the disruption of this early morning start to their day from disturbing the rest of our guest.

I also see that you are frustrated with our pet policy. We strive to insure that our policies are fair for every guest, including the four legged ones. I hope that in the future you will give us another chance to regain your business when you’re in northern Nevada.

Bozeman, Montana, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My fiance and I had to "live" in the Elko Travelodge for about 5 weeks due to a shortage of rentals in the Elko area while we waited to close on our home. The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. We had our two dogs with us as well, and the staff made all of us feel welcome. Living in a hotel is not an enjoyable experience, but we were as comfortable as possible in the time we spent at this hotel. My only complaint is when I made my reservation, their website stated they had a sauna/fitness area; however, upon check-in, we learned these areas had been removed.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica F
Jessica,

Thank you for your comment, we understand that living in a hotel while waiting for a house or apartment isn’t always ideal. We are glad that your time with us was present, we try to insure that you receive all the comforts of home we can offer.

Since your stay the website has been corrected, because as you saw we no longer have a sauna or fitness center.

Norden, California, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I don't like how the hotel manager is able to distort what my review said. I said the "manager" was not dressed in a businesslike fashion. Now, it must have been the assistant manager, who was a woman with a very low-cut revealing top that is appropriate for a different type of business in Elko.

I don't think I ever met the actual manager, just the young woman who claimed to be manager, and indeed does sit out by the back door smoking.

But at least the manager's response to my review does confirm that they will not deviate from their routine to get a room ready early.

Room Tip: Go to the red lion inn, it's worth the extra money.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AmtrakRide C

Travellers are raving about these Elko hotels

Umina Beach, Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stopped in here for a night several weeks ago. Stayed on the third floor which was non-smoking but our room still stunk of cigarette smoke as did the hallway. Everything else was ok though.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed 28 September 2011

To be sure, I have stayed in worse places. About the best thing I can say for this place is that the ladies at the desk were helpful when my key cards would not work and there seemed to be no bed bugs. I did know that it might not be a comfortable place when we first walked in and a man speaking to the ladies behind the counter said: " This place only has teenagers and old people. That's it. It's full of teens and old people..." and then he looks at us ".. and wierdos." To be fair, my husband has purple hair and I have tattoos, but I certainly felt uncomfortable. Wierdos maybe should not stay here. We accepted the smoking room because they did not have any non smoking rooms left with just one bed. I wish I hadn't. The room's walls smelled like they had been painted with the hack from a chronic smoker's lungs. I woke up with bright red circles around my eyes because they were so irritated from the smoke. I found used band-aids, lots of food crumbs and loose tobacco between the mattresses while doing my bed bug inspection. The mattress looked like it had been peed on at one corner. There were chunks ripped out of the carpet near the door and the toilet seat had a cigarette burn on it. Also, the curtain pully looked septic.The room chairs were also pretty filthy with grime. But I have never stayed in a smoking room before and maybe this is just how they are. I will certainly never accept a smoking room again, that is for sure.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anamorphosis
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We were looking forward to another night at the Comfort Inn with the pool and jacuzzi in our trip cross country. But they were booked. We reserved at the TravelLodge and after reading the reviews we knew what we needed--a good night's sleep without noise and no elevators since I am disabled.

We got a first floor room knowng there was no elevator (thank you trip advisor contributors) near the back entrance where we had parked our moving truck. As far the decor went, if you are a snooty person then you won't enjoy it. The curtains, pictures, rugs and the bedspreads looked like Helen Keller took care of the design. So what? The beds were very comfy, linens were soft, there was a fridge/micro and while the TV was old style they just haven't replaced them all with flat screens.

Elko is frequently sold out for the casino activity. But the TravelLodge is in a safe location very close to the police station and truckers parked nearby watching the area. I felt totally safe there and these folks were very nice. I prefer Comfort Inns and the jacuzzi pool to help with my disabilty but in a pinch, this place was just fine.

Room Tip: Non smokers or those with a heavy oad should stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family