Red Lion Hotel & Casino
US$63
US$121
US$104
Hotels.com
All reviewsred lioncoffee gardenaspen restaurantcoffee shoptable gamesin towntwo sinksflat screen tvnice roomsmall townbeds were comfortablegold countrynight's sleepone night staysalt lake citycasinogambling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Like most casinos, this one is unbearable due to tobacco smoke. Nice casino, good machines, but I had trouble talking and my throat was sore, along with sinus headache after a few hours on the floor. Why does the Gaming Community continue to allow this proven health hazard to exist? With so many smokers, it's actually encouraged as the beleaguered smoking community thrives on the wanton practice and strength in numbers actually emboldens smokers to be as unbearable to non-smokers as possible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

I'm sorry about the smoke, Daniel, but as you've said, we have very little control over the gaming community's regulations. I hope you won't hold this us against us, as we do everything we can to provide a clean, healthy environment to play.

Best,
David R. Zornes, C.E.O. Nav Elko Properties

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I travel extensively for work and spend approx 125 nights a year in hotel rooms around the world and do come to Elko regularly for business. The Red Lion is a great place to stay. The rooms are large and nicely appointed and almost every room has a balcony. I enjoy being able to step outside for a second in the morning and have my coffee. The beds are very comfortable and each room has a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. All the TVs are flat screens. The rooms are always very clean. Thefront staff is great and have always made me feel at home and have tried to accommodate all my requests with a smile and goal of helping me. Its nice to walk out the door of my room and have all the amenities the Red Lion offers from a newly renovated Starbucks, 24 hour coffee shop which has good food, I eat there regularly, a high end restaurant and of course a casino its Nevada. They have a nice pool and gym. Overall great value for the money and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DavidZornes_CEO, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

The title of your review says it all! Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel/casino. While we already know we are the best in Elko :) it is always a pleasure for our guests to discover this too. As a discriminating world traveler who spends many nights in hotel rooms, we appreciate even more that you think so highly of the Red Lion Hotel & Casino. We very much look forward to your return visit! Thanks again!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

With 3 of us sharing a room for one nite, our room was quite large. Beds were very comfortable and room was very clean. The refrigerator and microwave were nice to have as we were traveling with one pet. Room was remarkably quiet. We liked the food and service in the coffee shop and nice to have a Starbucks to get a good cup of coffee. We stayed in many hotels on our 14 day trip, and Red Lion was by far the best quality and value for the price. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel, Donna. We are glad to see that you recognize quality and value and we appreciate the opportunity to put those on display during your recent stay. And we always like to hear our guests say that they definitely will return! Thanks again, Donna!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Nice hotel, room was large, bed was comfortable. The hall way had a stale cigarette smell do to guest smoking in the hall way but my room did not have a cigarette smell at all. Shower head needs to be cleaned as it had hard water build up on it so the shower head did not work very well. Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Will stay there again. Had a had time with the back door as the room key would not always unlock the door.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for a room as far from the casino as you can. Do not eat the buffet at the restaurant. The meat was cold and the food was not very good. service at the restaurant was ok but nothing to brag about.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I'm so glad you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay, Darla, and I truly appreciate this thorough review. All of your feedback will absolutely be taken into account, and we'll do everything we can to perfect your next visit. We all hope to welcome you back again very soon!

All the best,
David R. Zornes, C.E.O. Nav Elko Properties

Reviewed 24 April 2014

You will always be guaranteed a quality and high value for the price experience at the Red Lion Hotel and Casino in Elko, Nevada. Their Coffee Shop Buffet will surpass any expectation. As a resident of Elko, but a native of New York City and traveled to 52 countries of the world, I can honestly say that "You can search the world over and not find a better experience or bang for the buck!" The food servers, cleanliness and ambience are remarkable.

Room Tip: I am a resident of Elko so have never stayed in a room. I have never heard a negative word in some 25 years.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Michael for your review of our hotel. As a world traveler, you certainly know quality when you experience it. We appreciate your comments and we thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to your return visit. Thanks, again!