“Went above and beyond!”

Red Lion Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Recently on a cross-country move my moving truck broke down just as we were trying to park at this hotel for the night. Within moments, hotel staff were assisting us to get our luggage, pets and child to our room. They helped secure our vehicle and coordinated with the truck rental company to repair the vehicle as we slept. They anticipated our needs and were offering helpful solutions before I even knew what help to ask for. These people showed us kindness and compassion during a very difficult situation which made all the difference to us. This went beyond great customer service, these are just great people. In addition, the room was large, clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Food was excellent and my son had a wonderful time at the arcade. I can't say enough good things! Thanks again Red Lion!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

This is so heartwarming to read, and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share it. It was our pleasure coming to the aid of you and your family, and we're so glad you were able to relax and have a comfortable stay. We know how difficult traveling can be! Please keep us in mind for the future -- we hope to welcome you back again someday!

All the best,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I usually stay here when traveling through for business. Over the years it is consistently a comfortable place to stay. The restaurant is a good value & the rooms are up-to-date and very comfortable. The staff is always very friendly as well.

• Stayed: May 2014
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks for the great feedback, and I'm so happy to hear you've been comfortable here during your stays. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's something specific we can do to earn back a star or two -- we'd love to perfect your next visit!

Best,

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in a few different hotels in the area and this is by far the best place in Elko I have stayed... The staff is very friendly and helpful... They have two restaurants and a Starbucks. I definitely will be back...

• Stayed: May 2014
DavidZornes_CEO, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you Shelley for writing such a nice review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed our having a Starbucks in the casino as well as our other eating establishments. We very much look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The comforter on the bed had stains on it, which is common since most hotels do not wash the comforters on a regular basis. Should have been checked more thoroughly by housekeeping. Also, the bed skirt had LOTS of stains on it, looks like something sticky. Didn't want to touch it to find out. Otherwise the carpets and bathroom were clean. Staff was ok.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We are sorry that we missed the comforter and bed skirts. I assure you they have been laundered since your departure! Thank you for letting me know. Glad that your stay was otherwise enjoyed. Again, my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stay in motels around 200 nights a year and the red lion is elko is one of the nices ones it has large rooms and refrigerator and microwaves

one of my suggestions to the guest with dogs is clean up your mess on the grass out by the back doors, maybe the red lion can have bags out by the doors to help

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Your input is very valuable to us, Wayne, and I'll have you know that we just this week installed dog waste stations throughout the property! I'm so glad you enjoy your stays here, and I hope during your next visit we can earn that final star. Thanks again for the great feedback.

All the best,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Like most casinos, this one is unbearable due to tobacco smoke. Nice casino, good machines, but I had trouble talking and my throat was sore, along with sinus headache after a few hours on the floor. Why does the Gaming Community continue to allow this proven health hazard to exist? With so many smokers, it's actually encouraged as the beleaguered smoking community thrives on the wanton practice and strength in numbers actually emboldens smokers to be as unbearable to non-smokers as possible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

I'm sorry about the smoke, Daniel, but as you've said, we have very little control over the gaming community's regulations. I hope you won't hold this us against us, as we do everything we can to provide a clean, healthy environment to play.

Best,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I travel extensively for work and spend approx 125 nights a year in hotel rooms around the world and do come to Elko regularly for business. The Red Lion is a great place to stay. The rooms are large and nicely appointed and almost every room has a balcony. I enjoy being able to step outside for a second in the morning and have my coffee. The beds are very comfortable and each room has a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. All the TVs are flat screens. The rooms are always very clean. Thefront staff is great and have always made me feel at home and have tried to accommodate all my requests with a smile and goal of helping me. Its nice to walk out the door of my room and have all the amenities the Red Lion offers from a newly renovated Starbucks, 24 hour coffee shop which has good food, I eat there regularly, a high end restaurant and of course a casino its Nevada. They have a nice pool and gym. Overall great value for the money and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DavidZornes_CEO, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

The title of your review says it all! Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel/casino. While we already know we are the best in Elko :) it is always a pleasure for our guests to discover this too. As a discriminating world traveler who spends many nights in hotel rooms, we appreciate even more that you think so highly of the Red Lion Hotel & Casino. We very much look forward to your return visit! Thanks again!