“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Mountain Home
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very nice rooms. ...ask for a room close to the casino because I had the first floor far end....and I mean far end! I would stay again. The band was great listened into the nite with our friends. The food for lunch and breakfast was great..but pricy for a casino.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I'm so glad you and your friends had such an enjoyable stay with us, Robert. Thanks for taking a moment to share your experience, and I truly hope you plan to return to us soon! We'll keep working hard to show you a great time and serve you delicious meals.

David R. Zornes, C.E.O. Nav Elko Properties

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Recently on a cross-country move my moving truck broke down just as we were trying to park at this hotel for the night. Within moments, hotel staff were assisting us to get our luggage, pets and child to our room. They helped secure our vehicle and coordinated with the truck rental company to repair the vehicle as we slept. They anticipated our needs and were offering helpful solutions before I even knew what help to ask for. These people showed us kindness and compassion during a very difficult situation which made all the difference to us. This went beyond great customer service, these are just great people. In addition, the room was large, clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Food was excellent and my son had a wonderful time at the arcade. I can't say enough good things! Thanks again Red Lion!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
This is so heartwarming to read, and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share it. It was our pleasure coming to the aid of you and your family, and we're so glad you were able to relax and have a comfortable stay. We know how difficult traveling can be! Please keep us in mind for the future -- we hope to welcome you back again someday!

Idaho Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I usually stay here when traveling through for business. Over the years it is consistently a comfortable place to stay. The restaurant is a good value & the rooms are up-to-date and very comfortable. The staff is always very friendly as well.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thanks for the great feedback, and I'm so happy to hear you've been comfortable here during your stays. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's something specific we can do to earn back a star or two -- we'd love to perfect your next visit!

Best,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in a few different hotels in the area and this is by far the best place in Elko I have stayed... The staff is very friendly and helpful... They have two restaurants and a Starbucks. I definitely will be back...

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidZornes_CEO, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you Shelley for writing such a nice review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed our having a Starbucks in the casino as well as our other eating establishments. We very much look forward to your return visit!
Elko
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The comforter on the bed had stains on it, which is common since most hotels do not wash the comforters on a regular basis. Should have been checked more thoroughly by housekeeping. Also, the bed skirt had LOTS of stains on it, looks like something sticky. Didn't want to touch it to find out. Otherwise the carpets and bathroom were clean. Staff was ok.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We are sorry that we missed the comforter and bed skirts. I assure you they have been laundered since your departure! Thank you for letting me know. Glad that your stay was otherwise enjoyed. Again, my sincere apologies.
Junction City, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stay in motels around 200 nights a year and the red lion is elko is one of the nices ones it has large rooms and refrigerator and microwaves

one of my suggestions to the guest with dogs is clean up your mess on the grass out by the back doors, maybe the red lion can have bags out by the doors to help

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Your input is very valuable to us, Wayne, and I'll have you know that we just this week installed dog waste stations throughout the property! I'm so glad you enjoy your stays here, and I hope during your next visit we can earn that final star. Thanks again for the great feedback.

Elko
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Like most casinos, this one is unbearable due to tobacco smoke. Nice casino, good machines, but I had trouble talking and my throat was sore, along with sinus headache after a few hours on the floor. Why does the Gaming Community continue to allow this proven health hazard to exist? With so many smokers, it's actually encouraged as the beleaguered smoking community thrives on the wanton practice and strength in numbers actually emboldens smokers to be as unbearable to non-smokers as possible.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
I'm sorry about the smoke, Daniel, but as you've said, we have very little control over the gaming community's regulations. I hope you won't hold this us against us, as we do everything we can to provide a clean, healthy environment to play.

Best,