“Good food, Great service.”

Cell Block Steak House
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Ely
Price range: US$0 - US$120
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Cell Block Steak House is open nightly from 5:00 p.m. Until 9:00 p.m. Reservations are recommended.
San Francisco, United States
“Good food, Great service.”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was staying at the Jailhouse Motel and Casino. My room was acceptable but dated so I was concerned about dining in the area. The restaurant was the highlight of the stay.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Cell Block Steak House. I ordered a Prime Rib dinner and it was cooked to perfection, The salad and sides were fresh and tasty. My server was helpful and attentive. If I pass through Ely again, this will be a definite stop for me.

Visited January 2014

Nevada
“Great service in small town USA”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The staff gives you great attention in their restaurant. The food is excellent, though a litle pricey. Tasha is a great server, along with her "deputies"

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Phil S
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good food unique atmosphere ”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Eating in a jail is not something I ever wanted but the food was good and since I left on my own it was a much better experience than the other way the service was good and the food was good too

Rainier, Oregon
“Much better than real prison food”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Because we were doing a site visit at the Ely Max prison, we though it would be a kick to have dinner at the Cell Block. Well, it was interesting, but hardly gratifying. The food was adequate, but nothing to write home about. All things considered, it was much better than the bologna sandwiches the inmates at Ely State Prison had for dinner.

• Visited November 2013
Powell, Wyoming
“Great Jail Food”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Makes Aunt Bee's Mayberry jail food just average. Get to sit in a jail cell and the service was great. They will take your picture in jail if you want. The food was good. Being from beef country I would say I have had better steak but for ELY NV this was a very good choice. A little pricy but still a good meal. We had lots of fun and enjoyed the quiet privateness of the cell.

Visited October 2013

Been to Cell Block Steak House? Share your experiences!