“Are you kidding me?”

Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Ely
Price range: US$0 - US$120
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Cell Block Steak House is open nightly from 5:00 p.m. Until 9:00 p.m. Reservations are recommended.
“Are you kidding me?”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

So, I took a chef to the "Cell Block" for dinner. We ordered dinner in which his consisted of a dish the was supposed to have a Bernaise sauce over his steak, which it did'nt! When we asked tosee the "Chef", we were told he was not on duty, and the "cook" that sent the order was requested refused to come to the table didn't show, I'm sure he was enbarrassed, we let them know we would not be coming back. I've spent a lot of money at this place, but NO MORE!!!!

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank BeverlyT2

Pasadena, California
“Unusual”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My colleague suggested I give this place a try. Excellent food and service. I had the Filet and King Crab. The only thing I did not care for was the stuffed baked potato had garlic in it. Not a fan of garlic in my potato's. Other then that, great meal!

• Visited July 2014
“The potatoes are why I come here”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

OVERPRICED
That sums up everything. This place is charging Steakhouse prices for greasy spoon food. I really want to like it and love it because it's the most expensive place in town, and the first choice for dates because of the ambiance, but the price really doesn't justify it. The stuffed potatoes are really good, along with the stuffed mushroom caps. If they keep stuffing different things, maybe eventually they'll get it right...

Visited July 2014
Kelso
“Great decor and Great Food”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were celebrating our 37th anniversary. The decor created a fun atmosphere. There were mini jail cells with bench seating or open table seating. Our server was very good checking in with us often. The steaks were excellent along with all the side dishes. We were served a complimentary slice of homemade very delicious cheesecake with a lit candle for our anniversary. Nice touch... The prices are reasonable and the quality of the food was good.

• Visited June 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best Prime Rib at half the cost”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Holly is the best waitress there, so let's get that out of the way :). I had prime rib, and it was better than any I'd had in L.A., Phoenix or anywhere else, at 1/2 the price! Fresh veggies, salad, etc. The 7 layer carrot cake slice for 8.95 was a nice idea, but it was sliced much too thin for that much money. They kind of trick you there. But overall, a fun experience, eating in jail. Sadly, men at Ely State Prison are nearly starving, so I felt a little bit guilty.

Visited June 2014