“Good place (bicycle note)”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ely
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Ely
Denver
“Good place (bicycle note)”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our second floor room was clean and comfortable. I would have given the hotel a 5 rating if we could have gotten a first floor room. Unfortunately for us, those rooms are reserved for guests with pets. We had two bicycles which were hard to maneuver around the tight corners to get into and out of the elevator.

Breakfast was especially good. Instead of the usual scrambled eggs, they served small, cheese and salsa omelets.

Note: I rode my bike 30 miles on the Loneliest Road in America. I rode west from town and, as expected, had the road to myself. In spite of the 70 mph speed limit, I did not feel endangered by fast moving vehicles. The few that passed me gave me plenty of room even though I had to ride in. the traffic lane. The small shoulder was filled with rumble strips.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
draper, ut
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My sister and I were traveling back from Bear Valley in California and pulled into Ely around 10:00 at night. I have had great stays at the La Quinta at the airport in Vegas, so I was hoping that the La Quinta in Ely would have a vacancy. It did. Again, I was pleased with a clean, quiet room with a great bed. Both of us slept well and were prepared for the rest of our journey the next morning. The breakfast room had a great view of the desert and even had a patio. The breakfast itself was OK. It included eggs and sausages in addition to cereals, breads and fruit. I would recommend this place to friends. In fact, I saw a recommendation from a friend of mine and knew it would be a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
port
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you are looking for Historical or Rustic, do not stay here, there are plenty of other places in town that will fit the bill. This place is very modern and new, probably the best place we stayed in during our two week road trip, and the price was not bad either. One of the nicest breakfast rooms - called the Great Basin.

Room Tip: If you are looking for Historical or Rustic, do not stay here, there are plenty of other places in t...
Las Vegas Nevada, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We took our grandchildren to Ely on a trip and we loved staying at the La Quinta Ely.It was very clean and nice size rooms. The children enjoyed the breakfast and the staff was very helpful. The pool was indoors and the kids had a blast. I recommend this hotel. I give it a 5 star!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice new building in addition to the original building. Clean and modern but surprisingly no elevator in the new building for the second floor. Breakfast was standard fare and adequate. Not a lot in the way of restaurants in town so be prepared.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Kelso
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff is thoughtful and friendly. This is a nice place to stay.
The pool and hot tub are generally clean with the exception of one time occurring during a recent BMX bike event. The mothers present in the pool area were just hanging out in the hot tub not supporting their children with a need to respect the other guests present or the pool and deck area (food was smashed on the deck and beverage bottles were tossed back and forth) one hit me on the head, no harm but annoying. The staff did come down one time to tell them they were too loud. When we returned three days later the pool was clean and a pleasant experience had by all present.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I paid $140 per night which I thought was a little steep for Ely. However, it is about the newest and cleanest hotel in perhaps all of east-central Nevada and west-central Utah. The beds creaked with the type of mattress and bedding, but that wasn't too bad. As with many US hotels, they upgraded to HTDV for the set and the programming, but not the signal, so the experience was a bit poor. Still, it was quiet, comfortable, and worth my small family's visit. Ely's historic railroad is quite the nice draw.