“Good value, nice patio”

Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Ely
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Friendly environment with a hometown feel.
Denver
“Good value, nice patio”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I ate on the patio behind he restaurant. Food and service were very good, and reasonably priced. It's a beer joint so the wine choices were very limited. But the one I had as fine. I had salmon, my wife had a salad. Both were good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rick A

Ridgway, Colorado
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After reading the reviews on TA we were looking forward to a juicy hamburger, a great salad and cold beer. Not. The hamburger patty was thin and dry (frozen?). The salad was ho-hum with mediocre bottled dressing. Beer was cold and good enjoyed on pleasant patio on a warm evening. Sad to say we can't agree with the other reviews that give this spot an "A" for effort. A little extra effort and it could be simply wonderful in a town sadly lacking.

2 Thank JENNIFER R
“Nice Patio, Good Food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

One of the ways I gauge a restaurant is by quality of the blue cheese dressing. It is not cool to eat blue cheese dressing anymore, so restaurants cut corners. Not Racks. It tastes home made, fresh and has chunks of actual blue cheese in it. So needless to say I loved the salad. I ordered buffalo wings for a main course. They were a bit spicy for my taste, but I am the guy who always orders "mild". My wife had a taco salad that I had a few bites of, and we both thought it was good. Our server was pleasant enough, but did not show much enthusiasm for her work. We sat outside on the patio and found that to be pleasant. The place is worth a stop along the "Loneliest Highway in America."

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gary W
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Food that you crave all year long...”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went to Racks with my Mom because I'd heard so many good things about it. We weren't disappointed. We were warmly greeted, the customers were even nice, and the food was amazing! Everything on the menu looked tempting, and it's all comfort food folks! Racks is homey, clean, and you can dine indoors or out (with a nice fireplace and hot chocolate!). When were were leaving, we were asked about our experience, too. The owners care about their diners and every detail of their restaurant. Gordon Ramsey would be impressed. Not that we Americans really care...

1 Thank Miya C
Tempe, Arizona
“Yum!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Not a lot of great food in Ely, but this gem is hidden in the wide open on Ely's main street, Aultman. We had the cod, cooked to perfection and flaky inside with a wonderful, crispy skin. The atmosphere was friendly and laid back. They were busy, but we were greeted personally and treated very, very well. Everything on the menu looked fresh and appealing.

1 Thank Barbara C

Been to Racks Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!