“Eat where we stayed.”

Evah's
Ranked #16 of 24 Restaurants in Ely
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Old restaurant now incorporated into the Ramada but open to the public. It's listed on many other review sites like Yelp and Google
Surprise, Arizona
“Eat where we stayed.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nothing outstanding. We had Chicken Picata and Lasagna. They were not as good as we have had in the past.

Visited June 2014

Florida
“Surprisingly good Italian”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Not much to choose from in Ely, NV but found this place, just as it was wrapping up for the night, and had amazingly good quality and respectably priced Italian food. A pleasant surprise in an otherwise rough-ish town.

Visited May 2014
Seattle, Washington
“One of few restaurants open on Sunday ”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We drove all over Ely and this was one of few restaurants open on Sunday!
In spite of the fact that it is over the casino and there are tv's blaring in the restaurant we had a surprisingly decent meal of a summer salad and a Mediterranean flatbread pizza.
Since the casino had very few people in it, it wasn't even smoky.

Ely, Nevada
“Bad food”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The kitchen staff pissed in my soda and pissed on my fish and fries. I became very sick afterwards and have been throwing up since. My soda tasted like mildew. The service was poor and unprofessional. The waitress was homely and dirty looking and ill-mannered. Not only are they unprofessional, they pissed on my food and in my soda, which is illegal and unacceptable. No stars for this review. I want my money back and the employees fired who pissed in my food.

• Visited March 2014
Reno
“Evah's "Restaurant" - I mean smoke filled casino”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Evah's is located on the open mezzanine of the Copper Queen Casino / Ramada Inn with a delightful view (and aroma) of . . . a smoke filled casino. As I walked up the stairs to the "restaurant", several "restaurant" employees were sitting on the stairs smoking. What a wonderful first impression. Service was relatively good, attentive. The "food" however, is a different story. I've never been served a "Chicken Picatta" like this before - it was a breaded, deep fried chicken breast, a few flavorless capers in a sauce that had the flavor and consistency of melted margarine and flour. One of my party had the "Chicken Parmesan", which was the same breaded, deep fried chicken breast with a sugary, sweet tomato sauce that they called "marinara". Another had the " Spaghetti Marinara", which was served with the same brown sugar-tomato sauce. This is about as far away from real Italian food, or even Olive Garden variety Italian food, as one could get and still be on this planet. About the only redeeming value here is that they have several micro-brewed beers available and it was served cold.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank fbtelemarker

Been to Evah's? Share your experiences!