“Best Burgers in Town”

Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Ely
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We ate here after riding the Nevada Northern Railway. They know how to cook a hamburger well done without charring the flavor out of it. The Mexican meatball soup was also delicious. We'll be sure to eat here again on our next visit to Ely.

1  Thank Kevin S

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Came to see the Nevada Northern Railway. My room balcony had a beautiful view of the historic train station. The service at All Aboard was very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent. The TV and internet service was good. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank William M
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were going to the Cafe every Friday night. At first the food wasn't bad. Service was terrible but we figured they were just working out the bugs as they were just opening. After several visits, the service never got better, when we walked in we felt like we were interrupting a meeting, the little girl that was serving was not trained and had no clue what she was doing. The food at out last visit made the decision for us to not visit anymore. I ordered the pot roast, lukewarm, served with not mashed but baked potato that was very underdone, and my daughter ordered french toast-1 piece of bread cut into four pieces-$7!!! We were really hoping that it would get better so we would have more options in Ely for dining out.

3  Thank Tricia B
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I spent the night at the All Aboard and our only regret from the trip is that we didn't have dinner here as well as breakfast.

The food was excellent. My husband, who is not a big breakfast guy, ate every bite. The pancakes and homemade hash browns were awesome.

And the service is amazing. Tammie, one of the owners, was attentive to our every need. We loved everything about the All Aboard and can't wait to return!

1  Thank rknap14
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This place really should be in the B&B part of Trip Advisor, because that's its real strength. The All Aboard is in a lovely and historic Ely building, with beautifully furnished rooms, a nice private balcony, a small but lovely yard and a solar. A real beauty of a place, finished with care.

The restaurant is a work in progress, and I look forward to coming back during high season. As it was, I think our experience was affected by our having visited in the (very) slow time of year.

We were in for breakfast - two grandparents, two kids, my husband and me. All of the meals were decent, and there were two very definite home runs - the bacon (big, thick slabs of it) and the hand-made hash browns. The sausage was a real don't-bother - looked and tasted like it came straight from the grocers' freezer. Omelettes and French toast a bit greasy but still enjoyable. None of the little touches you'd expect from a B&B breakfast place, like nice jellies/jams, home made breads, fruits, etc. Again, though, that likely reflects our off-season visit. Overall it was a very decent breakfast.

The dining room furnishings are strictly utilitarian and don't come close to living up to the potential of the beautiful building. A little scary, really.

Jack, the new proprietor, is rightly proud of his place and is very interested in ensuring that you have a good visit. We'll definitely be back to see how his investment takes shape in coming years.

If I were to rate this strictly on the food I'd give it a three - average. It gets another point based on the beauty of the building, the friendliness of the proprietor and the huge upside potential. Plus, crisp hand-grated hash browns and good bacon win big points from me. We look forward to coming back and seeing how the All Aboard grows!

1  Thank mountaingirl1961