“Fun little place”

and 1 more site!
Jailhouse Motel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Ely
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Apparently we lucked out when I called to book here. Never stayed here before and was completely unaware that they had rooms inside the casino, their website only showed the annex buildings that were across the street. When we checked in our room was just a few steps down the hall. The room itself is small very, very outdated, it definitely needs a complete overhaul - I mean everything. I believe the carpet was there from day one as well as the furniture. Overall it was clean but the carpet was another story. It was torn and shredded in some areas. The TV was small and not a flat screen. It did have a small fridge which sat on the dresser. I mean the room was livable for 2 days. I can't imagine rooms anywhere else in the bldgs. would have been any better. As far as the casino it was small but we enjoyed it - never very busy and had fun playing in there. The lady at the front desk also was the cashier and did the reward cards and whatever else. The bartender also walked around and cleaned around the machines and was a cashier - both were pleasant and very friendly - it gave the casino a home town feel. I've been to Ely once before a couple of years ago - really have no other plans to return but if I did I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room inside the casino - saves you from walking across the street
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vegasgram
There are newer reviews for Jailhouse Motel & Casino

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This motel sucks. It cost more than a nice room in Salt Lake City. We got almost no sleep. The room was crap. Other guests kept us up until 2:30 AM. The front desk did nothing. Dont stay here. Our stay was a total waste of money & time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Max M
ElyTraveler, Guest Relations Manager at Jailhouse Motel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We are sorry you had a bad experience at our motel. The property is under new management and we strive to give each guest a pleasant stay. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was my first stay here. I asked about an upgrade to one of their nicer rooms indoors, meaning what would it cost, etc. The lady at the front desk snapped at me and said 'we have one available but you're gonna have to pay for it!!!' Well, based on her attitude I declined. When I entered the room she assigned me, I found a little cockroach crawling across the room. I called the front desk who sent the maid in. The maid was very kind and apologetic. The room appeared to be immaculate, but where there's one cockroach, there's usually more. They couldn't tell me when it had last been sprayed, and I didn't want them spraying it while I was there. So they offered me a free upgrade to the room I had originally inquired about. My biggest complaint? Her attitude! Oh, and the cockroach.

Room Tip: It might be worth the extra 13 bucks to stay in the nicer, newer, 'secret' rooms. Non smoki...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We had dinner in the jailhouse restaurant. Couple steaks and 2 kids meals. It was a pleasant dining experience for California foodies. The salad was fresh, I was craving veggies and the kids meals were tasty enough. The sides were baked potato, which is hard to get wrong and was hit. Steaks cooked a perfect medium. Server was a bit dopey, but it's the country! I thought they tried and I would recommend this place in a sea of culinary wastelands.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Kelly F
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After having a terrible experience at a motel that we had pre-booked we needed somewhere to spend the night. Over a terrific dinner at the Jailhouse Steak House we thought "I wonder if they have any rooms here?". Low and behold they not only had rooms but they were clean, comfortable and 1/3 less than the place we had pre-booked. We were so impressed that we spent an extra night. This may be our new favorite getaway!

Room Tip: The rooms with two queens that are available for persons with handicaps are a terrific value.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newman645
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Spent two nights here earlier this week. My room, aka "cell" , was clean, comfortable and quiet. I was part of a large group and check in was a tad slow, but no one minded because they offered everyone in line a free drink!! Great way to ease the issue... Ate at the coffee shop twice, both meals were good with very friendly service. The bar in the hotel was friendly and comfortable. Bartender "Paddy" was great!

Room Tip: I had an upper floor room in the "jailhouse" annex hotel and it was great. Zero smoke odo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sharron G
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Bad experience. The toilet seat was worn out. The bare wood is showing. Towel bar feel off the wall. Carpet needs to be streached, tripped twice. The beds are terrible and the pillows were lumpy. The worse thing was the shower suddenly changed from warm water to scalding hot in the middle of my shower. It was a terrible experience. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014
ElyTraveler, Guest Relations Manager at Jailhouse Motel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I am sorry to hear that you feel you had a bad experience at our hotel. I do wish you would have talked to our Front Desk and given us the opportunity to rectify the problems. If you would let me know what room you were in, I will be sure that the Maintenance department fixes every issue you addressed. Thank you.