“Motel clean and nice folks at desk.”
Review of Motel 6 Ely

Motel 6 Ely
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ely
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We often stay at Motel 6 as all of them take pets for free and it saves us from looking for a pet friendly motel. The Ely (pronounced Ee-Lee as in Robert E. Lee) Motel 6 was clean and comfortable. The ladies at the front desk were friendly and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Al T

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I avoid Motel 6's like the plague, in the past I have found them dumpy, depressing, and overpriced. Stuck in Ely, we took a chance on the Motel 6. When I opened my room's door, I found hardwood floors, new and modern furniture, wide-screen TV (not bolted to the wall), a decent mattress, and generally a clean, pleasant room. It's still basic accommodations, but if that fits your needs, I highly recommend this motel. Well done.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chadwrite
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Ely, Nevada has lots of motel choices, most of them older mom & pop types. I have not stayed at any of them because I always stay at the Motel 6. Granted it is not luxurious but for a third of the cost of the place across the street you get: a brand new 32" flat screen tv, swimming pool, totally remodeled rooms, heating and air that works perfectly, clean rooms, morning coffee and best of all the money you don't spend on the room can buy you breakfast, lunch and dinner or gas to get you to where you need to go. All rooms look the same when you are asleep.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lagodegypsy
Reviewed 16 April 2014

stopped here after a really long drive and the place is really nice for the price. Rooms was nice and comfy and the staff was nice. One of the nice motel 6s I have stayed it. Would recommend staying there for that price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick M
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I often travel to Mexico from Oregon via highway 93 and by Ely, Nevada I'm tired. I have stayed at this Motel 6 5 times and I have always slept well. Most of the guests are older and quiet. The motel has been renovated since the last time I stayed here. If you don't want to spend a lot of money and don't mind basic accomodations, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank lagodegypsy
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at this motel for 3-days 10/10/13, 10/11/13 and 10/12/13. When I checked in they did not have my reservation. They put me in a smoking room because it was the only room left. On the last day of my stay they never cleaned the room or even made the bed. They were doing some construction and had tools and junk all over the grass.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

After staying at the Motel 6 in Albany, decided to stay here since my usual hotel was sold out. Called before locking in reservation online to verify upgrades the same here as in Albany. Was advised they've just begun remodeling, so only the linen and drapes were new. Ok. The lady made my reservation via phone and honored the online price. Was placed in a double room on first floor in front of the pool as requested. It was mid week before Labor Day, a lot was going on in the city ex:motorcycle clubs' annual drive &/or meetings & railroad, stagecoach & trains annual run, I heard nothing-slept like a baby, although the mattress was very firm! Was very happy the window opened & had a screen unlike most hotels (like patrons don't want fresh air). This motel 6 offered no toiletries, rooms under 50 that's expected. Room was cleaner than expected, still had older television-maintenance replaced coaxial cable for better connection, small selection of viewing stations, wifi worked pretty good-watched movies via web, unhappy with shower-head water pressure. Maintenance man was very friendly & polite asked about iron/ironing board, he brought it to my room & set it up for me. The appearance of the motel would normally make you want to turn away but once you take that first step into the tiny drab office space the entire customer service experience, the upgrade in decor & surprisingly clean & upkeep on rooms makes you say "ok wasn't as bad as I thought, I could do this again". I'd definitely stay here before the Best Western down the road.

Room Tip: Ask for available remodeled rooms for comfort, size & cleanliness.