“wouldn't book here”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Ely
kennewick, wa
“wouldn't book here”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I can't review on the room because I never got to see it. I booked the night before and checked that I would arrive at 9:00 pm, however my daughter lost her phone at previous place and we had a 3 hour delay so I called and told them we wouldn't be arriving until about 12 midnight... no problem except when we got there at 10 til 12:00 they had given our room away. They had our number and they had our credit card on file and the least you can expect of a hotel is to honor a reservation that you have booked. Oh but the lady at the counter was very sad that they had done that??? What?? Not as sad as us since we were very tired and didn't get settled into another hotel for double the cost because we had to get 2 rooms instead of one. My advise if your traveling long distance and might be in late book at the Laquinta its very nice. I would have rated it a zero but that wasn't a option.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel that way you'll get a room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Don't come here for the pool! Rode in today on motorcycle from (hot!) Utah & . Had booked this seeing they had an outdoor pool. The office workers (smoking committee) were sitting out front. Efficient check-in. I went to check out the pool and it was cloudy, no filter running, couldn't see the 1st step into the pool. Um, Summer, Nevada, Hot, swim pool working?? It doesn't matter.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Ely hotels

oregon
Reviewed 1 August 2014

But bed installed against wall so no exit for 2nd person. Worlds smallest towels, no shampoo, shortage of electrical outlets.

They allow pit bull's on the property making your safety a low priority.

When they painted they painted right over the electrical outlets.

Stucco on outside peeling due to massive water leaks.

Morning front office staff very up attentive evening staff friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mightywhite_2000
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Well the hotel room was old but clean. Recent paint and wood floors help bring it to a more modern look. Everything worked in the room except the doorlock. The air conditioning is a gentle rumble that can lull the tougher sleepers to sleep, even though the mattress' s probably havent been changed in 8 years or they were very poor quality. It felt like the springs were coming through the mattress surface. My biggest problem with this hotel and the reason for the poor rating is: The hotel has a ridiculous policy of required cleaning every other day whether you request it or not. I suspect they have this policy in place due to the number of people that are living in the hotel full time but that is a best guess. I have never heard of that policy at any hotel i have stayed at for more then 3 days. So I opted to have the room cleaned on that schedule of every other day, so I would not have to move my camera equipment out to the truck. Well after requesting no service at the front desk they obviously did not give the message to house keeping and they ignored the request anyway. A different problem was I complained about the door lock as it was not working properly. Office staff seemed to be aware of the problem but I guess they did not feel maintenance was important. They just gave me instructions on how to work around it. The door never worked properly. There are a number of hotels in Ely that do not participate with the online booking systems. You would find much better accommodations if you do a little homework. This hotel fills up quick because it is a pet friendly hotel. Which can be a good thing. Regards.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am here on business and well I am cheap. Yeah I get reimbursed but why spend a lot of money on a room. Check in quick. Friendly staff and I have spoken to the office a few times about changing my dates due to work issues. Very nice, clean updated room. Housekeeping does a good job. I found my room to be very quiet. Yes, occasionally I heard someone walking upstairs, but no noise from next door. Plenty of parking. Single business traveler, no issue staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Pine Grove, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Check in was quick. Staff friendly, even though the place was packed with little leaguers. What I loved about the place, was even though it was old, the rooms had hardwood floors! You know how hard it is to keep a carpet clean? Well no worries here. No suspicious stains etc. nice clean floor. For our one night stay, it was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie_David_79
Brownhills, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Ok... This isnt a 5 start property, so if you want the Ritz, go somewhere else...
Its clean, its tidy, the staff are friendly, there is plenty of parking, the beds are comfortable, the water is hot and the towels and bedding are clean.

I could everything my next door neighbour's were saying/doing/snoring and the people above so if you are a light sleeper then this maybe an issue.

All in all, good and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo